Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Laois_Man wrote: »
    No they should have not pretended not to not have any knowledge of who's getting and not getting votes. But they know every week, it's obvious in the comments they give, and they know exactly who's in the bottom 2 every Sunday night and they know exactly who they're gonna be eliminating while they sit there pretending to rake thru the turmoil of their guilt while pretending to be trying to make up their minds on who to send home.

It's a start for your healing process that you have admitted there is some dishonesty at the back of the show at least. :D

As for the Graham Norton interview with Kelly, you can watch it anytime on iPlayer on the BBC website. While doing so, remember the context that this interview was taped on Wednesday night, AFTER they'd announced the public vote for the first 4 eliminated votes, and BEFORE those vote lines actually opened. i.e. since none of the 4 had any previous public voting pattern to go on, BEFORE it was possible to have any inkling that Amelia would be far ahead of someone like James Michael!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

I am very surprised there has not been more about this story, if it is true the ramifications are huge,

well not really as like the Ant and Dec show, when they fooked up it was cool with the powers that be (they got a slap on the wrist)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think people are blowing the comment on the Graham Norton show completely out of context. When I watched it, I took it to mean that Graham was asking her how she felt about the possibility of Amelia coming back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think people are blowing the comment on the Graham Norton show completely out of context. When I watched it, I took it to mean that Graham was asking her how she felt about the possibility of Amelia coming back.

So did I.

I would think your assessment of the situation would be spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

He congratulated her that Amelia was coming back and asked her was there friction about it between her and the other judges that her act was coming back and theirs wasn't. Watch it again on iPlayer.

• Advertisement

He congratulated her that Amelia was coming back and asked her was there friction about it between her and the other judges that her act was coming back and theirs wasn't. Watch it again on iPlayer.

I just did, the 1st half of your reply is correct, but he did not say her act was coming back and the others were not.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CorkBabe33

Of the four I didn't care who was voted back in as long as it wasn't JonJo Kerr.
    He was such a moaner after he was eliminated, real 'sour grapes', I would have spent a fortune to make sure he was booted out again as quickly as possible!!!
    His behaviour was in total contrast to how gracious Johnny was last week. I miss Johnny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

CorkBabe33 wrote: »
    Of the four I didn't care who was voted back in as long as it wasn't JonJo Kerr.
    He was such a moaner after he was eliminated, real 'sour grapes', I would have spent a fortune to make sure he was booted out again as quickly as possible!!!
    His behaviour was in total contrast to how gracious Johnny was last week. I miss Johnny :(

I didnt want JonJo back in either but as far as I remember Amelia slated the show when she was knocked out too, but then again Amelia is a hell of a lot more talented than JonJo so I'd probably be p*ssed awell if I was put into the same bracket as him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have watched it four times, I think Graham said your act might be coming back, her reply can be read a few ways, she could just be saying her act has a chance of coming back.
    I probably would say she knew it was her act that was coming back.
    For example if it was one of the other acts that was picked would kelly's comment's mean anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

TWO X Factor reject acts have refused to move back in to the contestants' house — after favourites Marcus Collins and Misha Bryan threw tantrums over their return.

The pair were said to be furious that the twist had stolen the limelight from them.

A source said: "Marcus and Misha have both thrown tantrums and their behaviour has been unsportsmanlike."
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3931486/X-Factor-rejects-icy-welcome.html

I can believe that of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

17-year-old Janet Devlin has been topping The X Factor 2011 vote every week, it has been claimed. The Northern Irish singer has supposedly yet to fail in the eyes of viewers, despite some harsh criticism from the judges.

It certainly makes sense, the copper haired teenager has been leading our poll on the site every week so far despite poor comments from the panel.

According to the Daily Star, one in five votes cast so far this year have been for the youngster.

Only Marcus Collins has apparently come close to rivalling Janet’s support.

Following last night’s twist, a source told the newspaper: “[Amelia] will have [her] work cut out to reel in Janet’s support.”

http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/news/58568-x-factor-2011-spoilers-janet-devlin-has-topped-the-vote-every-week.html

No wonder Gary and Tulisa are freaking out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

caseyann wrote: »
    TWO X Factor reject acts have refused to move back in to the contestants' house — after favourites Marcus Collins and Misha Bryan threw tantrums over their return.

The pair were said to be furious that the twist had stolen the limelight from them.

A source said: "Marcus and Misha have both thrown tantrums and their behaviour has been unsportsmanlike."
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3931486/X-Factor-rejects-icy-welcome.html

I can believe that of them.

The name of the source says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The same thing was said about Jedward, Wagner and Mary in recent years. None of them were anywhere near the top. Not long after these claims the person was voted off.

The first few weeks, I'd say she came near the top, but I reckon she's slipping now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I cannot see how Janet is getting the votes, she is not good, she was probably the worst singer last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

I thought Janet was brutal last night, that version of the song was the worst i've ever heard. Id say Freddy Mercury was spinning in his grave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

egan2020 wrote: »

Read that in yesterdays paper. Looks that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Last night was the worst performance by them all with the exception of maybe Kitty and the girl that was voted back in,as for the judges....pathetic:confused:. Think x-factor has run its course for me anyway and I will probably just watch the results show from now till the final 2 are singing.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »

you might just have undone all the good work I spent trying to save his mental state,

I just hope he does not jump of the skirting board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

My kids still like tuning in to watch which leaves me with little options but to watch it too. TBH in other years I did enjoy the show and looked fwd to it but this year I am not surprised by the falling numbers. Its pure CIRCUS every night. Judges don't mix well and have no appeal - bring back Dannii Minogue I say..................at least she was honest with her views and mature enough not to feel threatened by the ongoing infatuation with Ms Cole & Simon (which must have been unsettling).

Don't think bringing back Cheryl at this stage will do anything to improve matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Does anyone else think it would be hilarious if Amelia Lily got the boot tonight just after getting back in? I do :p She was really good last though!

As was Craig! Reckon janet and little mix could be in trouble

I think Misha B was very poor last night...............reckon she could be down at the bottom too (with Janet).......wud be interesting if that happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

1966 wrote: »
    I think Misha B was very poor last night...............reckon she could be down at the bottom too (with Janet).......wud be interesting if that happened

Misha would win the sing off hands down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I only watched a few of the interesting ones on youtube today because I've decided to take my saturdays back from Cowell.

Amelia was incredible. She's a beast.

Janet sucked. Boring.

I love Little Mix and I like the style/ groove they're in, so don't change it!
    Stupid Gary.

Craig was booooring.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Howdy folks! Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

What's with the manky yellow motif tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I think kitty and maybe janet or mischa b will be in the bottom

• Advertisement

Howdy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement