Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

baraca wrote: »
    This show is a heap of sh!t tbh, They send lascel woods home and then put goldie through and that other dope that sounds like a ****1n chipmunk

I know they say its about talent x factor and vocals,what a joke :rolleyes:
    The big man cant think of his name and others who didnt get through would be insulted from her getting through.
    That Goldie one needs to be gone.She got through on that audition is bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Would love to see Terry go through, seems a real genuine bloke, and to be fair looks one of the pick of the over's, though that's not saying much they're just awful this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

why is WGT down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Would love to see Terry go through, seems a real genuine bloke, and to be fair looks one of the pick of the over's, though that's not saying much they're just awful this year!

Agree I like Terry.

Dont get this Frankie lad at all, the cub thinks he's sh*t cool.

Cool people don't think and believe their sh*t cool, there just sh*t cool all on their own.

Plue he can't sing, ruined a favorite of mine in Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Frankie looks like a boy from a scene/emo band circa 2006. His legs are like chipsticks too...eek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yer one they showed that hadn't been on before and whose audition they showed is decent. I wouldn't surprised if they're mentioning a few people after a few others have left/been kicked out and opened up spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

FFS, turn invisible. I didn't see that coming a fcukin mile away. Complete tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Why are the overs always so damn weak? You'd think they'd be able to find 8 singers that are half decent. The girls and guys are good - always strong contenders... but the overs are just shockingly average to bad.

Louis cackles but secretly loves Ollys bum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

dee. wrote: »
    Louis cackles but secretly loves Ollys bum!

hahaha. He was the only one that made a point not to look at it once he saw the name haha. Nor did he sign it hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,569 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Frankie has the look of Justin Bieber/One Direction so my guess he expects to do well even though he isnt a great singer

Please tell me Olly not being able to put the card in the envelope was a joke...wow how can anyone have trouble with that?! :|

hahaha. He was the only one that made a point not to look at it once he saw the name haha. Nor did he sign it hahaha

Yeah that makes him look even more ~guilty~ (for lack of a better word!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Melanie is my favourite, despite er 10 seconds worth of screen time that was probably given to some nutcase...
    I know what the hell is that about,the damn Goldie one is getting more air time and cant hear Melaine finish a song once :mad:

Someone said she gets through to live finals someone else said she doesnt.Can someone please tell me its driving me mad to know does Janet and Mel and Jade get through to live shows.
    Joe cocker is brilliant.
    I hope to god they dont turn him into what they think is a star :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

caseyann wrote: »
    I know what the hell is that about,the damn Goldie one is getting more air time and cant hear Melaine finish a song once :mad:

Someone said she gets through to live finals someone else said she doesnt.Can someone please tell me its driving me mad to know does Janet and Mel and Jade get through to live shows.
    Joe cocker is brilliant.
    I hope to god they dont turn him into what they think is a star :(

It's all over the internet who got through, just google it.

James Michaels sounded like a girl singing that Adele song!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Luke Lucas so cute, love the robot dance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did you all not hear the story about Goldie though? It came out today - don't want to say it though cos some people don't want to know spoilers on here and I'm on my iPhone so no spoiler option!

I'm delighted Melanie is through to judges houses but there are conflicting reports I think as to whether she gets through to live finals.

Also delighted Samantha from the over 28's got through!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

I'm very sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I need to get this off my chest.....I hate that Kitty one, OMG!!!

She's a very good singer and I know it's a singing comp, but Oh my gosh, she's so annoying.

I think she'll be like Katie W, no one will like and she'll be in the bottom two a few times and get the boot...

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

It's all over the internet who got through, just google it.

James Michaels sounded like a girl singing that Adele song!

Holy shyte! After googling who's in the top 16 and seeing who's in the over 25's Louis Walsh can GTFO! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is Jamie Bruce (big bouncer bloke, sang signed sealed delivered) gone?

Haven't seen him at all since the auditions (though I missed tonight's)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

In case ye are wondering what has happened to previous years acts, here is some details: http://www.digitalspy.ie/realitytv/s103/the-x-factor/i357425/the-x-factor-top-16-where-are-they-now-aiden-grimshaw.html
    Wagner Carrilho - The DS favourite has landed a radio show and will be on 'Celebrity Coach Trip' later this year

YAY - Go Vagner!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,569 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/goldie-pulls-out-of-x-factor-522043.html

Goldie pulls out of ' X Factor'

Monday, September 26, 2011 - 10:20 AM

Eccentric 'X Factor' contender Goldie Cheung has pulled out of the show despite getting though to the judges’ houses stage of the competition.

Her withdrawal means another flop will be thrown a lifeline and replace her in the over-25s group mentored by Louis Walsh.

The singer said: “The X Factor has been a fantastic experience and very challenging for me at times. I was very grateful to Louis for offering me a place in the final.

“However, I have decided to withdraw from the competition because I knew I would miss my family so much. I wish all the finalists the best of luck and look forward to watching them every week.”

Hong Kong-born Cheung made a name for herself in the first episode of this series when she overcame her nerves to put on an eccentric performance that ended with her wrapping herself around Gary Barlow.

Walsh said: “It was such a shame Goldie had to pull out of the competition. I thought she had great potential to entertain viewers in the live shows.

“But it has given someone else an amazing opportunity and although it was a hard decision of who to replace her with, I am pleased with my choice.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

I havent read this whole thread so sorry if someone has mentioned this one before.

A young lad called Niall Sexton (from my home town and only 16) was on this year - he actually got to the last twelve boys - he was one of the four left standing on the stage last night and being told he was going home.

They did not show one iota of him previously - not his 1st audition, not at boot camp and not singing at wembley.

Why?

He was so excited and had everyone watching to see him, felt so bad for him- surely for the lad to get so far he warrented a bit of air time!!

why did so many of the talented ones get no air time yet so many of the bad/novelty ones got shown??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I havent read this whole thread so sorry if someone has mentioned this one before.

A young lad called Niall Sexton (from my home town and only 16) was on this year - he actually got to the last twelve boys - he was one of the four left standing on the stage last night and being told he was going home.

They did not show one iota of him previously - not his 1st audition, not at boot camp and not singing at wembley.

Why?

He was so excited and had everyone watching to see him, felt so bad for him- surely for the lad to get so far he warrented a bit of air time!!

why did so many of the talented ones get no air time yet so many of the bad/novelty ones got shown??

for the same reason a large number of very decent singers dont even make it past the producer ( not judges ) auditions yet strangled cats make it to boot camp , ultimatley the X factor is a tv show who,s prime goal is ratings for ITV , who wins the thing is secondary let alone who gets a fair go

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Notorioux wrote: »
    Holy shyte! After googling who's in the top 16 and seeing who's in the over 25's Louis Walsh can GTFO! :mad::mad::mad:

Jesus why does Louis get the comedy act EVERY Year??

I'm assuming he'll put through, Squeeky Jonny who sounds like a high pitch Norman Wisdom, Kitty Brucknell a Watie Clone who the public will hate, Samantha Brookes this years Mary, will do good at belting out the tunes but that's it, will be limited and will do well for making top 6 and Terry Winstanley, good singer but more suited for a Christmas Party gig than X-Factor.

For the past 4 or 5 years the producers seem to give Louis the worse group, he should pack it in, he's never going to win again. I couldn't imagine Gary Barlow hanging around if he was given the over 25's.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Jesus why does Louis get the comedy act EVERY Year??

I'm assuming he'll put through, Squeeky Jonny who sounds like a high pitch Norman Wisdom, Kitty Brucknell a Watie Clone who the public will hate, Samantha Brookes this years Mary, will do good at belting out the tunes but that's it, will be limited and will do well for making top 6 and Terry Winstanley, good singer but more suited for a Christmas Party gig than X-Factor.

For the past 4 or 5 years the producers seem to give Louis the worse group, he should pack it in, he's never going to win again. I couldn't imagine Gary Barlow hanging around if he was given the over 25's.

Louis is great at making the most of what he's got though. No one else could have done what he did with Jedward or Wagner. I think he loves the whole pantomime of it and seeing the underdogs do well. However after two years of novelty acts I think they've gone a bit stale and I'm glad Goldie left. BTW I think you're spot on with who Louis will put through and I agree with your comments on them :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I don't know why Tulisa looked so happy with the groups, usually the judges hate getting the groups as they're notoriously the hardest and take the most work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't know why Tulisa looked so happy with the groups, usually the judges hate getting the groups as they're notoriously the hardest and take the most work.

I think it's because she comes from a group and has a soft spot for them. There is some talent in the groups to be fair, but let's be honest, a GROUP is never going to win X-Factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement