Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I think it's because she comes from a group and has a soft spot for them. There is some talent in the groups to be fair, but let's be honest, a GROUP is never going to win X-Factor.

They mightn't have won, but JLS and One Direction have probably been more successful than the winners of their respective years. Groups don't do too badly in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

Janet has one of the best voices i've ever heard for a long long time. I just wish that she wouldn't get through to the finals. She is way to good for x-factor.

There was a similar singer in the norwegian x-factor a few years back. She was also kind of shy and has a quite similar voice to Janet actually. She made it to judges house easily and sailed up as one of the favourites. Her judge was a well known manager and he decided to not let her go through to the finals, the broadcaster channel naturally received loads of complaints right after.

Then she appeared on a talk show an hour later on the same channel and was handed a recording contract. Which meant she was able to spend as long as she wanted to on her album and make it exactly like she wanted it to be, opposed to winning x-factor and having to release an album within a few months under pressure and probably with a few support writers to make sure at least two of the songs will make the hitlists.

Janet should really just be handed a record deal right now so she can start producing her album. Instead of having to go through the whole x-factor circus and become a commercial product who is exploited by people like Simon Cowell. Maybe all the teenagers will vote for Frankie and let him win instead, that would also be good. Janet is sure to get a record deal anyway. She doesn't really need x-factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I dunno I think Janet plays up to the whole shy young northern irish girl thing. well at least that's how the producers have made her seem..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I dunno I think Janet plays up to the whole shy young northern irish girl thing. well at least that's how the producers have made her seem..

There's a huge difference between singing at home in your bedroom and singing in front of 5000 people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,566 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The X Factor live shows will kick off with a two-and-a-half-hour broadcast on October 8.

This weekend, viewers will see Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland and Louis Walsh choose their finalists during the Judges' Houses stage of the competition.

Reports previously claimed that the current series could include three-hour live shows. Last year, the first live show ran for two hours and 40 minutes, and featured a twist which saw four wildcard competitors unveiled. It has not been confirmed if a similar twist will take place during the current series.

According to Radio Times listings, the first live show will run from 7.30pm to 10pm on Saturday, October 8, with the results show following on Sunday, October 9 from 8pm to 9pm. Ratings winner Downton Abbey will continue its second series following the results show at 9pm

As with previous winners, Matt Cardle is expected to return to perform his new single 'Run For Your Life'. Other musical guests and a theme for the first show have still to be announced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Factoring in ads, the actual show probably won't be any longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Namlub wrote: »
    Factoring in ads, the actual show probably won't be any longer...
    Oh god, the ads. There's way too many of them already and they're too often for my liking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I agree, I think people will get tired of it after a while. She has to be able to sing powerfully as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Don't get the big obsession with Janet at all. Her audition was okay, a bit too wannabe Ellie Goulding, but she does have a nice voice. That said, I don't consider her amazing, worthy of winning, etc. Maybe she'll prove me wrong in the live shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh thank god for the sky plus:D skip all the adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Should be good tonight! Even though I know who's got through.

Kitty is annoying me already.

I wonder do the judges get a bonus for crying? There seems to be a lot of crying already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Watched x factor USA for an hour yesterday before I realized Randy Jackson and LA Reid are different people.

Hmm... girls are flying first class to Miami! Well for some.

Very quiet in here tonight, I'm lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

lizt wrote: »
    Very quiet in here tonight, I'm lonely.
    I thought it was on at eight, just by chance I seen it in the listings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sure it's only on! Shan't be tuning in for a while yet, Rugby League isn't over. I assume Kitty has done something foolish already?

amacachi wrote: »
    Sure it's only on! Shan't be tuning in for a while yet, Rugby League isn't over. I assume Kitty has done something foolish already?

Preview of her jumping into a pool in front of Louis.

Shafted, over 30's only get to go to Barcelona.

And Sinitta as judge!

• Advertisement

Sunita (sp?) again?! Oh my god.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Shafted, over 30's only get to go to Barcelona

It's better than usual.

Simon "You're going to L.A!" *cue people screaming and jumping around*
    Louis "You're going to Dublin!!" *silence*

Good choice with Jennifer Hudson though, she has true talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Jesus! Sunita- f*ucking horrible, talentless cow!

Any chance having one year without her in it.

dee. wrote: »
    Sunita (sp?) again?! Oh my god.

Apparently he was going to have Adele but Simon forced him to have Sunita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

lizt wrote: »
    Preview of her jumping into a pool in front of Louis.

That'd be enough to turn a man gay.

dee. wrote: »
    Good choice with Jennifer Hudson though, she has true talent.

But Sinitta has.....eh......she's simons ex

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The boys definitly got the best help anyway. Jessie J is huge now but Robbie has kept himself in the spotlight for years even with crap albums.

Sinitta must have something serious over Simon, the fact that they keep bringing her back is ridic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

sorry havent been followin. is that true that Goldie resigned?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement