Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps for a change-over of supplier?

• 09-05-2011 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys I was just wondering what the best procedure would be to change from one phone\broadband supplier to another.

I know with my old one I'll need 30 days before they can cancel it. But was thinking of applying for the phone/tv/broadband bundle with UPC.

Should I wait until, say, a week before my old provider is up and then apply or can I go ahead and apply now?

I know I know ask a silly question!

Thanks for any/all help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since UPC's network is completely separate from anyone elses, there is no need for you to wait to order from them. Also, you have no idea how long it would take to get UPC in, could be days, weeks or even months. Best thing would be to order that, and when you get confirmation of an install date, just cancel the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

I ordered UPC 10Mb broadband on Thursday, it was installed on Saturday. Today I called them and upgraded to 12Mb. After I got off the phone I rebooted the modem and had speed increase and the phone was working. (and my charges reduced by €1.75 by adding the phone)

My suggestion would be to first get UPC up and running.
    Then port your old number over to them.
    Then cancel your old broadband supplier.

If you cancel your old provider before porting the number it may get lost.

Also don't forget to order via boards offer to get a €50 DID or carphone warehouse voucher + free install

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Great! Thanks for the info guys (and the deal!). Getting sick of my 3MB phone broadband. :(

Advertisement