Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using Zipp 808s (clincher) / SRAM S80 clinchers ?

• 09-05-2011 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Long time reader - first time poster.

I'm hopefully looking for some feedback from any existing Zipp/SRAM users of both Zipp (tubs or clinchers) and SRAM clincher wheelsets. I would like to upgrade to a deep sectioned 808/S80 wheelset for the 2011 season.

My questions:

Are these suitable for a few training days on common Irish roads or are they just too delicate and should be used for racing days only? Are they too delicate for Irish roads full stop?

Should I go for a 808 F/R or look at a Zipp 606 setup or a SRAM S80/S60 set up?

Any other deep section alternatives?

I dont want to get into the tubs vs clincher debate so lets just stick with clinchers for now. I heard that the 808 (non carbon) clincher is very very duarable - this is specifically why I'm interested.

Advertisement