Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MEDIA HARD DRIVE

Options
  • 09-05-2011 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place...

I just have a query about my recent purchase of a Memup Media Disk FX Media hard drive (bought from Pixmania.ie) - its one of those ones you can connect to your TV and play movies etc stored on it.

Basically I have it half full with various movies etc, most of which are in .AVI, DIVX or MP4 format..When I connect it to my computer all of the content displays in windows explorer no problem. However, when I connect it to my TV via a SCART cable, no media is detected. There is an option to view all the files and folders in 'Explorer' mode, but it does not detect anything. I have the folders on the drive sorted in to 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' and content is stored in these accordingly.

I was wondering if any one here has any experiences with these types of drives and if so perhaps they could help solve my problem.....

Any feedback would be appreciated. Again, I apologise if this is posted in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I can't see the manual for the FX Series on the Memup website but the manual for a similar device (LX Series) says to create folders called 'music', 'photo' and 'movie'.

I suggest you create a folder called 'movie', put one of the video files in it and see if that file is visible on the TV.

Advertisement