Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enable and disable SLI in multi-monitor setup

Options
  • 09-05-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

OKay, This is a weird thing i want done, So i'm hoping someone can help me.

My Setup

I have 2x GTX470's and i use 4 monitors. 3x acer 24" and 1 x sony 46"(Tv shows and films only). I only use the 3 x 24" monitors for working and basically doing multiple task's on the computer.

This is where the problem i have comes into play. I want to play a game on one monitor, I can easily stretch the game across the three monitors, But most of the time i don't like or want this, Unless i'm playing dirt 2, Even then its not that important to me.

So what i want to be able to do :

I want to be able to turn off all but one monitor and enable SLi on that monitor by use of a simple toggle(Application or something)

I have been trying to does this with sendkey's scripts but with no luck.

This seems to be a problem that a few people on internet have posted about, Some people will multi-monitors setup's. Its just annoying to have to enable and disable it in the control panel every time i want to play a game or run something graphics intensive on one monitor.

I'm not 100% sure if this is even possible but taught it wise to ask all you fair folks if it is and whats the best way of doing this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Hmmm, Maybe this isn't a simple thing to do, I would have taught something like this already existed but really can't find anything about one on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

you can do this very easliy with an ATI card/cards as the eyefinity group setup can be controlled from profiles and invoked with a key press, but i havnt got a clue how this would work on nvidia because as far as i know multi display on nvidia cards is just by default based on the connections to screens( i could be wrong, while ive used nvidia multiscreen setup ive not used it with SLI ), cant you use nvidia surround?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yeah, I was gutted to find that ATi cards can do this with ease.

The problem with Nvidia Surround is that it will group all display's together and in doing so making it them all jut one big screen.

I really don't like the look of it, Because it stretches the programs across them all(Although you can use triple-head software to have apps work as normal) I still just want to use one screen for gaming.

ultimately i just need Nvidia to add the macro's for this to work, Can't believe that they haven't been added already. This must be a common issue for people will multi-monitors setups.

Disabling all but one monitor and enabling Sli on that monitor is doable through the control pane, The headache is that it takes like 3 minutes each time you want to do it and when you do it a few times a day, It gets kind of annoying Farley quickly

Advertisement