Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bingo in Galway

Options
  • 09-05-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My parents are visiting me for a few days and they're avid Bingo goers...

Where in Galway is there Bingo? Monday/Tuesday Night.

Go raibh maith agat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Bingo on in Seapoint. Monday,Tuesday,Friday,Sunday @ 8.30 nightly

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Anywhere else do Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Brought my parents to Seapoint tonight, i had a game myself, was very enjoyable! - Last time i was at Bingo was when i went to Bingo with my gran when i was a smallie.

According to my parents books are much cheaper at Seapoint compared to where they normally attend in Cork, but the prizes in Cork were a lot higher, but sure they still enjoyed themselves and my father won 50 euro on a full house, so all in all they were happy out with the place.

I reckon the prizes are bigger come the weekends as the jackpots seemed to be higher on the notice/prize boards that were on display there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sofa King wrote: »
    Karona wrote: »
    Anywhere else do Bingo.

According to http://www.bingo.ie/galway/
    Caesar's Palace and Seapoint mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

thank you!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Caesars Palace is electronic so it's prob rigged

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Skyuser wrote: »
    Caesars Palace is electronic so it's prob rigged

Gambling is always 'rigged' to favour the house. Electronics has nothing to do with it. They're businesses, not charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Was in the Bierhaus last Sunday and there happened to be a bingo night on. Not sure if it's a regular thing? Also, think that "Wilde's" across the road from Bierhaus does bingo. There was a great crowd in the Bierhaus for bingo - much to my dismay, hoping for a quiet pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Garry Glitter

Sofa King wrote: »
    Hi,

My parents are visiting me for a few days and they're avid Bingo goers...

Go raibh maith agat.

god sake lads theres plenty of clubs and pubs in galway no need for bingo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Inky_Lady wrote: »
    Was in the Bierhaus last Sunday and there happened to be a bingo night on. Not sure if it's a regular thing? Also, think that "Wilde's" across the road from Bierhaus does bingo. There was a great crowd in the Bierhaus for bingo - much to my dismay, hoping for a quiet pint!
    Ah now, it's one thing taking the piss out of youngsters but he's looking to bring his folks and they might not appreciate bingo in a gay/lesbian bar.

Bingo in Athenry on Tuesday Nights OP (Raheen Woods Hotel)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ah now, it's one thing taking the piss out of youngsters but he's looking to bring his folks and they might not appreciate bingo in a gay/lesbian bar.

Bingo in Athenry on Tuesday Nights OP (Raheen Woods Hotel)

Only one of those mentioned (Wildes) is a gay/lesbian bar. Bierhaus is not a gay bar. Sure why do we assume that the parents would care?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

i thought gambling was illegal on licenced premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

inisboffin wrote: »
    Only one of those mentioned (Oscars) is a gay/lesbian bar. Bierhaus is not a gay bar. Sure why do we assume that the parents would care?
    I didn't say they both were, it's called "Wilde's" by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I didn't say they both were, it's called "Wilde's" by the way

I'm mixing up my restaurants with my gay bars it seems:p

No, I know you didn't say they both were, but neither did you clarify which was, so your post was a bit unclear. Anyway, my point was that a lot of people wouldn't care if it was a gay bar. My granny would have gone to a naked biker bar if she thought it had the better bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Ath36

There's a great bingo meeting every Tuesday @ 8.30pm in Athenry. Depending on what side of the city you are it's only 15 mins or so on the motorway. It's on in the Raheen Woods Hotel and it was set up and is run entirely by the parents in the new school (Gaelscoil Riada). Anyway, according to their facebook page the Jackpot is now €4,200 in 53 numbers. So could be worth a trip! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement