Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strict nat type problems

• 09-05-2011 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

i was an eircom customer, stuck on nat type 2. switched to smart, although still nat type 2 had open nat type on cod which meant can join any friends games and host them, happy days!!!, however a few months back it changed on its own to stric nat type and since then i cannot join nor host any games. may aswell go back to the atari!! i am looking into switching provider. is there such a broadband provider that has no nat type issues or restrictions of any kind?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Your ps3 has a wireless router. Change your connection to wireless on your ps3. I was stuck on NAT3 and it switched to NAT1 when i changed it over :D
    Former eircom customer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

i was an eircom customer, stuck on nat type 2. switched to smart, although still nat type 2 had open nat type on cod which meant can join any friends games and host them, happy days!!!, however a few months back it changed on its own to stric nat type and since then i cannot join nor host any games. may aswell go back to the atari!! i am looking into switching provider. is there such a broadband provider that has no nat type issues or restrictions of any kind?

To get Nat Type 1 on eircom netopia go to network settings,
    go custom settings click everything normally till you get to PPPOE
    Click into that then set username as eircom@eircom.net and password as broudband1............finish as normal and test connection it works! None of that port forwarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Your ps3 has a wireless router. Change your connection to wireless on your ps3. I was stuck on NAT3 and it switched to NAT1 when i changed it over :D
    Former eircom customer too

To get Nat Type 1 on eircom netopia go to network settings,
    go custom settings click everything normally till you get to PPPOE
    Click into that then set username as eircom@eircom.net and password as broudband1............finish as normal and test connection it works! None of that port forwarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

If you can get UPC. I would be host 9/10 in COD, connection is brilliant for online gaming.

Advertisement