Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

left for dead 2 online

Options
  • 09-05-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

hey just picked this up for a tenner and was wondering does anybody here still play it online?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Yep, a whole lot of people, on PC anyway. Steam will match you to other players with very little hassle.

Perhaps theres a boards community group you can join?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sent you a PM for my server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I play it with a couple of others on occasion, add me to your friends and I'll spam you an invite the next time we're organising a game.

In fact, if you still need some of the achievements for playthroughs on hard then spam me as I still need to get some of those :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Such a good game when your playing with a good group. Would def be up for games, my steam id is witnessmenow

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

thanks guys. but i have l4d2 on the 360. can i join you guys if you are playing it on pc or do i need a pc copy of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

da gamer wrote: »
    thanks guys. but i have l4d2 on the 360. can i join you guys if you are playing it on pc or do i need a pc copy of the game?
    Does not compute

1217664-gloriouspcgamingrace_super.jpg

and no

Oh, you're one of those then. I retract my offer of Steam friendship :p

Unfortunately cross platform play is not available with the L4D series yet though I'd imagine they might incorporate it into a PS3 release if it gets one. That doesn't help you of course, you'll need to find other 360 people to play with

I'll be ordering my rig tomorrow from hardwareversand and I have the two L4D's on the way from HMV so I'll defo be looking to join any active groups in two weeks or so :D

I had it when I had the 360 and even having 4 maps was pretty cool... can't wait to try out the 100's of community maps :D

Do you need players to play those custom maps?... as in are they playable through searching servers(like the standard maps) or do you need friends?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'll be ordering my rig tomorrow from hardwareversand and I have the two L4D's on the way from HMV so I'll defo be looking to join any active groups in two weeks or so :D

I had it when I had the 360 and even having 4 maps was pretty cool... can't wait to try out the 100's of community maps :D

Do you need players to play those custom maps?... as in are they playable through searching servers(like the standard maps) or do you need friends?

Yep you just have to select 'Add on' campaigns an you will get a list of unofficial map games. I highly reccomend 'I hate mountains' myself, but there are load of other other great maps around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

da gamer wrote: »

Hey, i play this on xbox360....Add me for some games ViverrineAuto63 is my GT..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

If you are getting L4D2, happy days. Otherwise, I hear the L4D1 community is fairly dead. :(
    L4D2 currently has 5 original maps for L4D2, two additional as DLC, L4D1's No Mercy and a beta of a new map called Cold Stream.
    In a few months time we will see a full released Cold Stream along with the other four maps from L4D1.

Hopefully the scavenge community gets a bit of a revival.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Sent you a PM for my server :)

Haven't played this in a while, will log on and update later!

Duggy, whats the IP?

Cheers

PM sent to Loco, if anyone else on PC wants the IP to my server just send me a message.

It's a 12 player co-op with 14 of the better custom maps out there. We haven't gotten around to playing all of them yet.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    PM sent to Loco, if anyone else on PC wants the IP to my server just send me a message.

It's a 12 player co-op with 14 of the better custom maps out there. We haven't gotten around to playing all of them yet.

You'll be hearing from me in two weeks :P

I've ordered a headset as well with the rig to avoid having to track one down at a higher price in the next week or two.

So I'll be ready to go from the off....

Although I may be fairly **** to begin with as I don't know the buttons, will be my first time using the mouse and keyboard.
    However I'm a seasoned veteran on the 360 version so know the game already :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If people are planning a game I'd love to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Anyone got a server I can jump into? On steam :D

If people are planning a game I'd love to join.

Maybe we could organise a game night for it. Just not tonight as I won't be here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Maybe we could organise a game night for it. Just not tonight as I won't be here :p

Lets make sure we organise it for tonight :P

I would be up for a game most evenings

I created a steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsl4d

Might be a good place to get things organised?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

ok seems we have a group of pc gamers and 360 gamers. could anyone interested in playing l4d2 on xbox 360 post your gt below and i can add you, cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I can play on both! The madness!

Anyway, steam ID is johnny_ultimate, XBL is Johnny Ultimate. LFD2 on Steam, both games on XBL...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Boards has a Steam group so all the PC Master Race™ really needs is a starting time. I only ever play coop mode so any versus play would be a learning experience (i.e. don't complain when I end up dangling from my own tongue, as the charger... before exploding, into spitter bile).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If anyone need a Hunter with specalist expertise in jumping over the heads of survivors and into the abyss below give me a shout.

* I stink the place up versus mode

Just recently a guy has broken some sort of a record on my server by having played 8 1/2 hours straight on it :eek:

vuxwz.jpg

Another guy has clocked up 6.5 days in total on it..................the server is just over a month old.

Madness

It's surprising that a game like this didn't keep a thread going on longer then the first month or two.

Anyone else think the ''Half-Life'' forum should be changed to ''Valve games'' which would give threads like this a longer shelf life?

After all there is an old L4D1 thread in there and I don't think Half-Life deserves a forum of its own all things considered.
    I might make a request to have a Valve forum installed instead of the Counter-Strike and/or Half-Life ones.

It's surprising that a game like this didn't keep a thread going on longer then the first month or two.

Anyone else thing the ''Half-Life'' forum should be changed to ''Valve games'' which would give threads like this a longer shelf life?

After all there is an old L4D1 thread in there and I don't think Half-Life deserves a forum of its own all things considered.
    I might make a request to have a Valve forum installed instead of the Counter-Strike and/or Half-Life ones.

Good idea, the boards steam group thread is kind of lost in the half life forums as well (I think it should maybe even be a sticky on this forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Lets make sure we organise it for tonight :P

I would be up for a game most evenings

I created a steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsl4d

Might be a good place to get things organised?

I missed this. Perhaps another night?

marco_polo wrote: »
    Good idea, the boards steam group thread is kind of lost in the half life forums as well (I think it should maybe even be a sticky on this forum).

I need to try get hold of a Moderator in the request section, or at least one who can enquire about it.
    I can't make a new thread and there's only Mod who doesn't seem to be online often(also you can't see when he was last online like other users :confused:)

It would make sense.
    Having two separate forums for old Valve games seems odd and ''Half-Life'' is an unofficial Value forum as it(but with less traffic since it's not named aptly).

Game tonight, half nineish?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Had a fantastic game the other night with some of the lads from here, quite a difference from playing on the public servers, holy, no ragequitting, everyone sticking together.. cool

Anyway, we should definitely organise a night and a time, we can all get on, play some left 4 dead 2, even custom campaigns (I downloaded some the other day but never had a chance to try them), some realism versus, etc

I'd be really up for it

• Advertisement

I should be able to join in the next few days.

My rig went from ''order'' all the way to ''arrived in destination country'' yesterday so I should have it by Wed at the latest.

Can't wait to try out some of the custom campaigns.:pac:

EDIT: I also made a thread on Feedback a few days ago, see if we can get a clean up of Half-Life/Counter Strike and just get a Valve forum, will be easier to keep a L4D thread going then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056267032

Advertisement