Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

left for dead 2 online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

CTASeantheMan is my STEAM name. Play L4D2all the time, so add if yous are playing.
    I usually play with the same ppl all the time, and now and again go yo US servers with Marsh to pwn some noobs :p

On another note, I never really found the boards steam page useful, as there are too many players. And you can't see what games they are playing. A group would be better

I created a steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsl4d

Might be a good place to get things organised?

Good man, joined.

Lol I have double the amount of hours played in the last 2 weeks than all the other members atm combined....i think that could be a bad thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Do any of ye play Scavenge by any chance. I have a small group, but we are having problems getting teams that do not a) kill us, or b) rage quit after the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Good man, joined.

Lol I have double the amount of hours played in the last 2 weeks than all the other members atm combined....i think that could be a bad thing :P

I know, it means they're all noobs :p

CORaven wrote: »
    Do any of ye play Scavenge by any chance. I have a small group, but we are having problems getting teams that do not a) kill us, or b) rage quit after the first round.

Nope , not played scavenge. But if the boards group fills up, there are some decent players like Marsh and Seye who I'm sure can give ye a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Joined the steam group, normally up for some l4d2 versus. Feel free to spam me invites if you need to fill up a game.

Steam : James74

Thanks all.

game tonight ? not seen any of the above posters playing really...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I play most nights myself but mainly on my own server. Not big on the Versus since anytime I joined a server I was always on the team with dreadful players and losing with an embarrasing score.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Playing most nights usually from about 10pm on. Have a group of friends I usually play with so I'll spam out a few invites when I can.

And feel free to send the invites my way as well, might not always be able to join straight away but I try to join in when I can.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    game tonight ? not seen any of the above posters playing really...

I might finally be able to play if I can just sort one last problem with my rig.... arrived today but Ive spent the past number of hours trying to get it running.....

Finally got it up and running but now can't connect to my internet box, once I sort that it's go time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'd be up for a game tomorrow if people are around I'll be online from around 8

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

I play most evenings, mostly scavenge but up for some versus every now and again also.. Feel free to add me, i've join the steam group. Name: Pure

Gilberto_Gakway(messed up registering :()

Been playing a bit with one of the lads, he's new to the game, I'm new to the keyboard and mouse but picking it up fast(there aren't many buttons to learn anyway)

Not interested in playing with any restless, annoying players who take it too seriously(prob none in this thread but the game has plenty), but if anyones up for a socialable game add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I had a game last night with Black_knight, Neptune and my brother. It was good fun

Black knight forgot his mouse so was missing for chapter one while he waent back into college and got it. And as per usual his mic wasnt working (The guy has a degree in electronic and computer enginerring and he cant even get a mic working :pac: )

My brother is, well a little green :) (we did him no favours by picking heavy rain though!) Something up with his comp too, it was crashing out every now and again (must get to the bottom of that).

James74 filled in after neptune had to leave, he was the only survivour :P

Good times though, would def be up for more games, feel free to invite me to any you are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

on the friends list where it says boards L4D, if you click on the little down arrow, you can join a chat room - would be handy for setting up games

I am on now

Add them all to your friends list I suppose is the easiest way. Most of the group just seem to be on now and again though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What's a handy way to get the maps needed for Duggy's server? Couldn't join last Saturday and a quick google turned up nothing.

What's a handy way to get the maps needed for Duggy's server? Couldn't join last Saturday and a quick google turned up nothing.

L4DMAPS.com or join the forum at http://left4dead4free.blogspot.com/

Theres a member's section with all the installed maps. You don't need to get all of them right now but for the moment get Questionable Ethics and Precinct 84.

Any changes that are made like map updates or whatnot are posted on that forum

Anyone up for a game tonight about 20:30ish? Preferably bring microphones.

Jebus I met some tw@ts on that server last Thursday :)

Without getting into the usual anti social 8 years olds, there seemed to be very few people who understood how to play the game (or possibly any game) in co-op mode. With about 15 people on there was only about four of us actually helping each other rather than just advancing as quickly as possible and to hell with the dead/injured. One ****er even left me for dead after I left a safe room to go find him and gave him pain pills. The game is brilliant when played properly but I suppose that's too much to ask for from the mouth-breathing masses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Playing this game at the moment on expert difficulty on the Xbox360 with a friend, if anyone wants to join us, i cant stand how bad randomers joining in are, greedy and stupid.

Fe*k - I wanted to play but I'm getting that "unable to locate version in steam.inf" error. :(

Thank christ for google. I put in the error message and got a fix straight away. Apparantly I have to verify the local files which takes ages. 32% and counting....

Jebus I met some tw@ts on that server last Thursday :)

Anytime me or the other admin are on we punish the rushers and non-team players rather violently. I love abusing my powers on them :D

I apologise to all those whos' messages I managed to repeatedly missed :o

The next time I will be there.

Although sometimes I despair at this game, the amount of rage quits just makes me, well, rage. The other night we were playing against a fairly decent side but then they decided to extract the urine on the third level after we got lucky and trounced them, they raged soon after with the usual expletives and noobface comments.

Sorry to drag up this again but I forgot to mention the website for my server and a dedicated custom map server (which only has 2 plugins for character select and crawling)

They're both Steam and Non-Steam friendly

http://www.left4dead4free.com

Feel free to join up.

Oh, and me abusing my admin powers :D

01a5_2d04.jpg?c=42ae
    01ad_5352.jpg?c=cc3d
    01af_5596.jpg?c=f98f
    014b_f4e9.jpg?c=c14b
    0151_8784.jpg?c=6333
    01a7_e75d.jpg?c=37a7
    0153_2d91.jpg?c=9a64
    0155_0cd8.jpg?c=1cd3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Totally up for a game on Steam if anyone wants to add me tis Elmidena

I apologise to all those whos' messages I managed to repeatedly missed :o

The next time I will be there.

Although sometimes I despair at this game, the amount of rage quits just makes me, well, rage. The other night we were playing against a fairly decent side but then they decided to extract the urine on the third level after we got lucky and trounced them, they raged soon after with the usual expletives and noobface comments.

I can always manage to get a decent 4 who for a fun game and who will not rage if you ever want a game Antar ;) . or anyone else for that matter :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up this again but I forgot to mention the website for my server and a dedicated custom map server (which only has 2 plugins for character select and crawling)

They're both Steam and Non-Steam friendly

http://www.left4dead4free.com

Feel free to join up.

Oh, and me abusing my admin powers :D
    What maps does your server support?

CORaven wrote: »
    What maps does your server support?

A load, they're all listed and available in the download section of my site. They're the higher rated maps on L4DMAPS.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Sporks

Just picked this up at the weekend. Played a few games online with randomers and unfortunatly more often than not you get people who just run off and do their own thing. Not fun!

Managed to get in a good group the other night for the parish who stuck together. It was great fun despite only one of us actually surviving.

Definitely up for some games in the evenings if I'm about.

Steam id: basketcase

Advertisement