Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pee Problem Help!

• 09-05-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you could help me. In January my house got broken into (we were in the house). Anyway, my boyfriends dad gave me a lend of his dog for a night or two, as I was extremely nervous of staying in the house.

The problem was the dog was not house trained and so he lifted his leg twice on the arm of our couch. He is a large dog so there was a lot of pee. I scrubbed it a few times when it happened and a few times after but the problem is 3 months later I can still get the smell of pee really strongly. I have used urine off spray and it doesn’t seem to help. Nothing I do gets rid of the smell.

Would anyone have any ideas bar getting rid of the couch?
    Much appreciated. And thank you in advance for your suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Try biological washing powder in warm water, wash well, leave a while, rinse and dry with towel and pressure.
    Should do the job, and do it on a sunny day and open the windows to help it dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Goreygal

mymo wrote: »
    Try biological washing powder in warm water, wash well, leave a while, rinse and dry with towel and pressure.
    Should do the job, and do it on a sunny day and open the windows to help it dry.

As mymo says you need biological powder to break down the smell of pee (the proteins). If "hand washing" doesn't work (as it may have gone too deep) DIY stores like Woodies or Homebase hire out carpet cleaners that you can use on upholstery (my friend does hers every year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Burnsash

Cheers guys, thats great. I'll try that and see what happens. Hopefully it will work. Its such a pain. Thanks again

Advertisement