Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Mommys favourite Diapers . .

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

I love my reuseables, i've bumgenus, fuzzi bunz, flip and my favourite little lambs (so soft!) If i'm away on hols I use disposible just so i don't have the extra washing but i hate using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lidl size 5's for Rory the vast majority of the time, Huggies when the bulk boxes are on on a good offer in Tesco.

Pampers were useless in our experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm a childminder and have been changing nappies for nearly 16 years and have used most brands of nappies and find Pampers the best and Huggies almost as good.

I'm not keen on the Lidl or Aldi ones and find they leak a lot and they're not as absorbant as Pampers or Huggies so more frequent nappy changing so not good value when you take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i use pampers all the time mainly because i get money off coupons and my local shop has the jumbo box for 10 euro so iv stocked up my lad is 7 months
    i think people need to get the size of the nappy right maybe that's why they leak?
    i dont think there is much in the price of nappies maybe 2 euro between lidl and pampers?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

personally i found there was one period we hit for a week or two where the nappies leaked no matter what....brand, size anything. my mom said i went through a faze like that when i was little!

Most of the problems we've had with leaks have been over nappy size. Sizes differ from brand to brand if your child is a size 3 in pampers thye may not be a size 3 in huggies etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Supermummy

LordSutch wrote: »
    Just wondering which Diapers Irish Mommys prefere when shopping down the Mall in 'Mommycare'?

We have found Lidl diapers to be brilliant (size 5) ones anyway, other people sware by Huggies, some Tesco, and some prefer Pampers, and I suppose a lot depends on what age group/size you are talking about, but it will be interesting to hear what other Moms & Dads experiences are with the various brands of Diaper.

Obviously I call them Nappies, and I call my Mum Mum, and we shop in 'Mothercare' in the Shopping Centre, but with all the Americanisms floating around Boards.ie at the moment I thought I would inject a bit of humour into this thread :)

Serious question though - which brand of nappies do you sware by?
    i swear by active fit pampers i never had leaks the kids can move around in them better. i buy in bulk when they on offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

I Personally love huggies. Pampers are good too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I hate the lidl ones. too hard, bulky and leaky for my smallie. My first preference is for pampers, huggies don't leak for me but they are no quite as soft as the pampers. Boots are ok but don't last very long. I've not tried the tesco own brand yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We sware by Lidl nappies, they may indeed be bulky, but they are also very absorbant :))

Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Reading some of the posts here and it seems u prefer pampers to huggies but im the oppositem i found pampers very leaky, so i started using huggies and for the last 8weeks iv only had one leak... I guess it just depends on the way they fit baby...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lidl nappies are by far the best we have used, Their pull ups so their very easy to get on and off and their super absorbent.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

lidl nappies are perfect,used pampers from the begining, but now changed as there much vcheaper, and have no problems with them..they only have up to size 5 thought thats the only thing...

Advertisement