Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

access to free wifi spots

Options
  • 09-05-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all

my local area has about 4 or 5 different free wifi spots and when Im out and about I can access them no problem, However when I am at home I cant get a signal at all, so I thought about buying a 2.4ghz outdoor AP and running it in client mode ( I got this idea from reading lots of web pages! but I dont really know lots about it! but Im reasonably computer savy ) so what kind of equipment might I need . I was looking at a ubnt powerstation2 but its a bit old now.

what advice would you give?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hmmm,I don't have any experience with using wifi repeaters. I would first look at WDS. I don't think this will suit your solution as you don't have admin access to the initial wifi AP. But it might give you a view ideas.

Or google wifi repeater.

Advertisement