Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sales in South Tipperary

Options
  • 09-05-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how many car boot sales there is in south Tipperary, and how good they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

the's one in Fethard on a Sunday and also one in Clonmel on a Sunday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

archtech wrote: »

Thanks, ive been to those 2 and both are good,just wondering if there are any more, heard a while back there is 1 in Tipp town but not sure where or when its on.
    I have a van full of stuff to sell and no idea where to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Sorry to be promoting the opposition but go to Cuffesgrange - way more people and therefore a better chance to sell your stuff

Vizzy wrote: »
    Sorry to be promoting the opposition but go to Cuffesgrange - way more people and therefore a better chance to sell your stuff

Would you know what the set up is there? ie what the charge is and do they hire stalls?

I'm not sure of the exact set up.
    I know that there is a charge ( about €20 I think) and I think that you just turn up early on the morning and you can then probably just pick a pitch to start selling.
    From being there a few times,the same people seem to be in the same spots indoors so I assume that these areas are pre-booked but outside( in the open) seems to be the area for "once off" sellers.
    Maybe take a spin up some Sunday and see the" lie of the land" for yourself

• Advertisement

I know that there is a charge ( about €20 I think) and I think that you just turn up early on the morning and you can then probably just pick a pitch to start selling.
    From being there a few times,the same people seem to be in the same spots indoors so I assume that these areas are pre-booked but outside( in the open) seems to be the area for "once off" sellers.

Might head there on Sunday, havent been there in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Would you know what the set up is there? ie what the charge is and do they hire stalls?

Think its €20/pitch and its first come first served, fixed/reserved pitches for long-time, regular traders only, you need to be there by 7am...which is not fun on a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

I was in Cuffesgrange a few weeks ago,having not been for some years.
    It's quite an impressive setup,now with a full restaurant.
    The stalls inside seem to be old established pitches as you say.

It really is remarkable to see such a large collection of absolute rubbish all gathered in one place,there is a sort of grandeur to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 barron

thanks for sharing it, i was wondering if there are some good car boot sales : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

cml387 wrote: »
    I was in Cuffesgrange a few weeks ago,having not been for some years.
    It's quite an impressive setup,now with a full restaurant.
    The stalls inside seem to be old established pitches as you say.

It really is remarkable to see such a large collection of absolute rubbish all gathered in one place,there is a sort of grandeur to it.
    do they sell? hardly ever saw anyone buy anything at a car boot sale
    Is there a charge to get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Resend wrote: »
    do they sell? hardly ever saw anyone buy anything at a car boot sale
    Is there a charge to get in?

Car parking charge 3 euro i think.

Funnily enough I saw people buying in the outside stalls,but not from the inside ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

What percentage of stuff being sold at car boot sales do people reckon is stolen?

Two Gardai I known estimate that a minimum 75% of it is

Well,personally I get rid of all my stolen properety there

joke,lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

This is the Thread that you need for Car Boot Sales http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055759737

and if it's not there try here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/

What percentage of stuff being sold at car boot sales do people reckon is stolen?

Two Gardai I known estimate that a minimum 75% of it is

Utter rubbish - back to the Rugby Forum and stop stirring up unrest! :D

This is the Thread that you need for Car Boot Sales http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055759737

and if it's not there try here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/

Thanks, that 2nd link is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

they have a car boot sale in the Clonmel Market every Sunday, it probably needs more advertising but might show promise if the locals support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curtainpoles

yes, there is a carboot in clonmel at dudleys mills its a good one. stalls are only 7.50 which as far as i know is the cheapest one around and no entry fee or parking charge. all indoors or outside if you want. its not operating long but i think it really needs the support of clonmel people to get it going. sure try it out, what have ya to lose?

other than that ya have fethard pay 1.50 in the gate then 10 for your stall and you dont know if youll be inside or outside in the dirt and the rain.

adn cuffesgrange? that place is manky! would you eat form there, yikes! plus i heard the regulars have it taken over you wouldnt get a stall inside for love nor money!

I was talking to a guy who trades at the Clonmel Market and he says its picking up and getting busy.

A new bootsale has started at the silversands between Cahir and Bansha, its on Saturdays from 10a to 4pm, I was there last Saturday and counted 25 stalls, it was busy and has a cafe on site, only fault I found is there were stalls in front of restaurant almost on the road and when you pull out your vision of the road is blocked, makes it dangerous to drive out of there safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curtainpoles

I was down at clonmel yesterday and the carboot was looking very full! pity the other side didnt look as good though... maybe they should just have it all mixed in as one market?

havent been to silver sands yet but i did hear that they finished up early because of bad weather saturday gone...

• Advertisement

Yes we left there at 1pm just as the rain started, I reckon it could become a big hit out there as there is a huge truck park at the back and most of the traders were there for the first time, one came from Mallow another from Limerick, so they are testing it out and if they like it more traders wll come.
    Was Clonmel market full of traders or buyers, had intended to go there Sunday but bad weather and a hangover changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 boski522

archtech wrote: »

hi is the car boot sale in clonmel every sun and where abouts?

boski522 wrote: »
    hi is the car boot sale in clonmel every sun and where abouts?

Clonmel Market & Car Boot Sale
    Dudley’s Mills Business Park, Coleville Road, Clonmel (nr. Minella Hotel)
    Every Sunday from 11am – 4pm
    http://www.clonmelmarketatdudleysmills.com/
    Sellers: €10 per Car. Vans and trailers ring (052) 618 4444 for further details.
    Other facilities: Indoor bouncy castle and roundabout for the children.

Lots more here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 taramori

Hi Everyone , Clonmel is really after picking up. We have 32 full stalls with local craft , food and jewellery in the Market and have just added another twenty tables to the Car Boot as we were running out. Its all indoors and we have open across the way for chickens and Turf/wood etc. We will be changing it around a bit in January to fit more traders. Our current traders pay for four weeks and get two free and we are not changing that or the rate of stalls either. We will also be working with Local Heroes Clonmel to make it better. Food Hall is getting under construction also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suirsidegirl

Do you know anyone who regularly goes to car boot sales???........I'm looking for someone to take a load of stuff off me to sell at a car boot sale, as I work weekends and will never get to go.

I'd be happy to get a few quid for it and then they sell it on or do what they like with it.

curtins, cushions , electrical items, household bits and bobs, DVDS, CDS, Books, photo frames, pictures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

i d be happy to have a look at hav u got i car boot sale every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Thinking of heading to a car boot tomorrow with 2.4 nuclear family,been to Fethard and Cuffes grange,never been to Clonmel,is it still gong well and worth a trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Where is the boot sale in Clonmel on Sundays?

copy1 wrote: »
    Where is the boot sale in Clonmel on Sundays?

http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Had some stuff to sell at Clonmel and was trying to phone their website no and ringing engaged all day saturday and sunday,also tried their mobile which was switched of,sent email,no reply,did not want to chance going after that,anyone know what the score is or is it still going?

Advertisement