Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is ESPN paired to the Sky Box?

• 09-05-2011 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I want to bring my card to another house to watch the full FA Cup coverage on Saturday (ITV only have a bit of it) question is - is espn paired to the box similar to sky sports/movies etc etc - I wont have a chance to test between now and then can any boardsies confirm if it works?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ITV are showing the full match though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I don't know if ESPN is paired with a box.

ITV are showing the full match - coverage starts at 1pm. Setanta are also showing it.

ESPN have a variety of programmes starting at 8am building up to the game, which is commercial free from 12.30pm, I think!

(I wonder if we in Ireland will be able to view the ESPN coverage? If Setanta are showing it, would they not have the Irish rights? It happened with some games ESPN showed this season already.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Bring the box with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dougdub wrote: »
    I want to bring my card to another house to watch the full FA Cup coverage on Saturday (ITV only have a bit of it) question is - is espn paired to the box similar to sky sports/movies etc etc - I wont have a chance to test between now and then can any boardsies confirm if it works?

Which bit are ITV not showing ?

Setanta isn't paired to the box btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

greendom wrote: »
    Which bit are ITV not showing ?

Setanta isn't paired to the box btw.

ESPN is paired to a box as was Setanta when i used to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Bring the box with you?

True - just pulling wires in and out at two ends is messy - pulling a card in and out is easier!

ESPN start at 8am no ads during the pre game or half time coverage or after the final whistle, ITV 1pm start - as a Man City fan I want to soak up the whole thing it's been 30 years since the last time we played in the final so every minute counts come Saturday!

to one of the other threads points will it be blocked on ESPN ROI? on the epg it doesn't say it is like the Europa League games where - normally Setanta have the ITV games so there was never a clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If ESPN have shown FA Cup games all season it wont be blocked.

Advertisement