Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tubridy to fill in for Graham Norton on BBC R2 this summer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You're about a month too late pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry about that, I only saw it in the online Indo today and the article has today's date on it, guess they hadn't heard about it until now either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

You're about a month too late pal.

A LATE LATE Announcement maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Why would BBC Radio take a minor league presenter from a regional Radio station to present a national programme.I'm baffled:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Pound to a packet of oven baked goat shite he will do very well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭donaghs

Its a win-win situation.

(1) Its a great boost for his career, and I wish him well personally.
    (2) I don't like hearing him on Irish radio, so glad that he's moving in another direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Credit must go to his agent Noel Kelly for getting him the gig, which shows just how powerful he is in the industry. He must have given the BBC a hell of a pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Is the Graham Norton show that's shown on Tv 3 is a week behind in Irealand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

This is really no big deal and nothing new, Dave Fanning did saturday afternoons on Virgin Radio in London from about 1993-1995.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

suntottie wrote: »
    Question or statement?
    Either way, it belongs in the TV forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

suntottie wrote: »

he is replacing Graham Norton on the Saturday morning RADIO show..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pound to a packet of oven baked goat shite he will do very well!!
    thats what his pr ma
    chine and media friends will spend the summer preaching to us. Obviously listen to the show if
    you wish,and form your own opinion, but mark my words you will read and hear what will probably be quite average figures by uk standards of maybe 2 million listeners being compared to irish figures of usually somewhere in the low 100 thousands. I will probably listen out of curiosity but not expecting anything new. It will be interesting what the uk media journalists make of him. Cannot see his usual
    guff passing muster over there but time will tell_

padd b1975 wrote: »
    thats what his pr ma
    chine and media friends will spend the summer preaching to us. Obviously listen to the show if
    you wish,and form your own opinion, but mark my words you will read and hear what will probably be quite average figures by uk standards of maybe 2 million listeners being compared to irish figures of usually somewhere in the low 100 thousands. I will probably listen out of curiosity but not expecting anything new. It will be interesting what the uk media journalists make of him. Cannot see his usual
    guff passing muster over there but time will tell_

Yes it will my friend.

Now he will come to the UK without any of the baggage he has here.

he will N E V E R make it in the listnership audience he is aimed at here. NEVER.

He speaks correctly, he understands grammar, he is informed on history, he reads ,he used words of more than two syllables, all which Guarantee he will not be in touch with the people who speak in mumbles, use grammar poorly, don't understand tenses, and who plank those who do in a certain cubbyhole marked 'ancient.

that's the scene my friend.

The Brits will love him.

i agree somewhat, yes he is on the wrong station here but he should blame his ego for that.
    you say he will be broadcasting to a more intelligent listener? Yes probably true but is it not true that said listeners will see through all the jfk and twitter bull that he presently tries to construct 2 hours of radio around?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    i agree somewhat, yes he is on the wrong station here but he should blame his ego for that.
    you say he will be broadcasting to a more intelligent listener? Yes probably true but is it not true that said listeners will see through all the jfk and twitter bull that he presently tries to construct 2 hours of radio around?

No I didn't say he would be broadcasting to a more intelligent listener, i implied that he would be broadcasting to people who value the attributes I outlined, and would be more comfortable with the way he speaks .

Only time will tell whether he will actually do well or not, but one thing IS sure, he is not cutting the mustard with the RTE2 punters he is aimed at.

No I didn't say he would be broadcasting to a more intelligent listener, i implied that he would be broadcasting to people who value the attributes I outlined, and would be more comfortable with the way he speaks .

Only time will tell whether he will actually do well or not, but one thing IS sure, he is not cutting the mustard with the RTE2 punters he is aimed at.
    You are right,you did not say that.
    My apologies:o

Advertisement