Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite lakes to fish by float tube

Options
  • 09-05-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Have fished corrib ,leane,currane,carragh and numerous smaller lakes around kerry..be careful,float tubes and high winds dont mix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Was out on mine yesterday.
    Had a good day. Close to 20 pike between two of us heviest around 7/8lbs.
    Not sure the name of the lake but it's pretty much impossible to fish from the bank. Wind made us work a bit harder for the fish.
    I've yet to get out on it for trout on the fly but is on the cards for one of the nice calm summer evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

hi guys,

would you know of any places around dublin area that sells float tubes, do tackle shops supply them? Is there any specifications I should look for? Currently im a novice for this type of angling but would love to get started soon.
    Is there any safety measures i should take, equipment etc.
    I know life jackets are essiantial.

If you would have any time to fill me in it will be greatly appreciated, Tightlines!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Got a awesome deal on a guideline that was leaking but easy to fix,it sits very high on water so is tricky in the wind but with 4 bladders it is practically unsinkable, defo a good life jacket and good shades , flippers can lead to cramp and paddling around in circles so make sure your active if u use large ones but you can cover the water faster than with short ass ones

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I've got a couple of "guest" tubes that aren't being used.
    Drop me a pm if interested.

Advertisement