Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disaster !!

• 09-05-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Broke my wrist in a car crash last week.

Must type my leaving cert now, absolute disaster!
    Must also du my 2 day pieces! Ino its a long shot but any advice anyone..??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Are you sure you can't apply for a scribe to write your exam for you? I'm sure if you explained to a teacher that your typing speed isn't fast end for sitting an exam and you would rather a scribe.

(I know this cos my handwriting is awful and a teacher, suggested (jokingly!) that I break my wrist so my exams could be understood!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

If I were you Id work on your typing speed. IMO it would be a lot easier to manage than a scribe...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

True, I'd try to improve your typing speed - which would be no small feat with only less than 4 weeks left, to be sure, but I would definitely prefer typing to a scribe (I'd prefer it to writing too, but alas, my limbs are all fully functional!) Imagine trying to talk out an English essay...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Yea like its my own choice weathger I want to say it into a tape recorder, have a scribe oe type. Practised a scribe and its really hard..So went for typing! My typing speed isnt bad but spell check will be turned off, no major big deal just a change to what Im used of. Also its tiring cause of da weight of the cast but shur look what can i do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

enaeknala1 wrote: »
    Yea like its my own choice weathger I want to say it into a tape recorder, have a scribe oe type. Practised a scribe and its really hard..So went for typing! My typing speed isnt bad but spell check will be turned off, no major big deal just a change to what Im used of. Also its tiring cause of da weight of the cast but shur look what can i do!
    Do you need to look at a keyboard when you type? Try, if possible, to get your typing to a level where you can look at the screen and type without watching the keyboard - and if you can't, make sure to keep glancing at the screen and make sure you haven't made any typos (like mixing up letters, hitting extra letters by accident). Make sure you're familiar with the punctuation as well, commas, apostrophes and the like.

Best of luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

I know this might be a bit of an expense but how I learnt to type quickly is Mavis Beacon learning to type C.D Rom, I'd advise you to either find someone who has it or buy it because it is worth the money. I'm known to be one of the fastest typers in my year. As others have asked, can you type without looking at the keys etc?
    Good luck and sorry to hear about the acident.

Advertisement