Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE : Rise of the Robots (PC)

Options
  • 09-05-2011 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

I found this little gem today. It comes on 10 x floppy disks. The good news is, the game doesn't work.

This would make a great addition to any fire. It will be binned on Friday (13-5-11) if nobody wants to cherish or burn this game.

Please note - This a genuine ad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I love how on the box it says "actual in-game graphic". Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I love how on the box it says "actual in-game graphic". Nice touch.

Haha, that's hilarious! It's an airbrushed painting. It must be a con they got away with by saying they meant the little logo graphic down in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Keep the box though, that boxart isn't completely atrocious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I remember Gamesworld having those floppy format Rise of the Robots on the shelves some months after everyone knew the game was pants.
    I asked the boss who on earth would buy it and was told there is a customer for every game, and sure enough someone bought them all eventually!

I have no need for a non working version of the game though, I already own an unfortunately working version for the Megadrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There was a time when that game was going so cheap it was worth it alone to use as blank media!

I also Have the Megadrive version. Must have been conned by the bit about Brian May.

Brian May me arse, they used a different soundtrack. I think there's something like 10 seconds of his music in an intro.

Everything about that game was a complete fabrication!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got my friend to ask Brian May about rise of the robots. He says he doesn't really remember much about it other than getting a really nice rise of the robots pinball machine out of it.

As for that PC copy. Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement