Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diplmoa in Accounting or ACCA Exams???

Options
  • 09-05-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

1Hi
    Anyone who could offer any advice would be much appreciated.
    I have a degree in Law but have decided its really not for me, Ive been looking at doing a diploma in Accountancy but have been told by a few people to just go ahead and do the ACCA exams and get them over with! Im not sure what to do.... any advice would be great thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

A lot depends on your own personal circumstances. If you can afford to do a postgrad full time for the year, then I'd say go for it. If you're looking to go down the ACCA route, the PDA in DIT will give you exemptions from F1-F6, F8 & F9 and the DCU one will give exemptions from F1-F5, F7 & F9. You can check them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

ACCA or dip in accounting?

That's like saying "should I do a dip in law or sit my bar exams."

There's no comparison. ACCA is often considered equivalent to a masters. A dip is a step above a foundation course.

As An Citeog points out, the professional diploma is a route worth considering as it gives so many exemptions from the ACCA exams.

Advertisement