Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Deeds

Options
  • 09-05-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭

Quick questions for anyone that could help....mods feel free to move if this could be somewhere better - property seemed the right place.

I'm collecting Deeds of some property from a solicitor soon and I've been told I have to sign for them.

My questions....

1) Do all deeds have a standard format, size, number of pages? what do they usually look like?

I want to know when I'm signing I'm actually getting what I'm signing for in case I don't get all I need but have signed something saying I have all the documents. -- where could I look at examples of what a deed usually looks like

2) whats the standard place to leave them for safekeeping - can you leave them with banks anymore? if you leave them with a solicitor do you request a copy for yourself for your own records?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

on the front of the deeds will be a schedule of documents which will list each document in the bundle.

so you will be able to through the documents and check that each one is in the bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭amacca

tks irishbird...thats helpful, at least I have some clue now.

Advertisement