Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus accomodation

Options
  • 09-05-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Could be going to UL studying Sports Science (if i don't get Physio). Which is the best accommodation for a first year studying one of the above courses bearing in mind I want to have as much craic as possible in first year and also just general opinions and experienced would be great.

-Cappavilla Village
    -Dromroe Village
    - Kilmurray Village
    - Plassey Village
    - Thomond Village

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Plassey. Kilmurry is good craic but not as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

ninty9er wrote: »
    Plassey. Kilmurry is good craic but not as nice.

Thanks for your reply.
    Would it be worth going to Kilmurray for the extra craic? Also which one is the closest to the Physio/sport science departments? & which has the most first years?

Also should I leave all my options open or be specific and tick desired boxes eg.

''Do you smoke? *
    Yes, I smoke
    No, I do not smoke and do not want to share with smokers
    No, I do not smoke but don't mind sharing with smokers

Floor Gender Preference *
    Mixed
    Single
    No preference
    Do you have a medical condition/disability, we should be
    aware of when allocating you a room? *
    No Yes''

Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Plassey is good craic too. Floors are generally all lads or all girls. Tick the boxes how they suit you, but do tick. It'll make very little difference to the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Kilmurry is closer, it's right beside both the Arena (big sports building/gym/pool) and the old sports building, which I think is where PE and sports science are based.

Don't live on campus myself but I'd guess that there are maybe more 1st years in Plassey, but both are good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

---> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056199869 this pretty much gives all the info you could want on plassey and killmurry and why plassey is the much better option just because its where most of the other 1st years are im going to plassey because of the opinions expressed on that thread

i hope it helps best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement