Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more accom. troubles....

Options
  • 09-05-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

hey, im in leaving cert this year and jusy by luck I went onlline to check again about the date accomadation booking opens (thought it was next week) Anyway, I put my name down and it said im 936 on the waiting list, I was wondering if this means

1) all rooms have been provisionally booked by people and Im 936th on a list after this

OR

2)Im the 936th person to register for accom ????

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

This just means your 936th to go on waiting list and nobody has booked accomadation yet because most people don't know what college there even going to yet.
    You have a great chance of getting accomadation with that position .

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

People seemed mad for signing onto the list this morning!
    I was online to register at twenty past seven (I'm one of the mad ones, yes..) and I'm 106th!

Shocked at the all the early mornings, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

What are my chances of getting a place if im around 970?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nb430

14th. Awh yeah. : D

Also, it's important to remember that a lot of people won't get the points they want or they'll end up going to a different college over UCD. As for me, I'm probably part of the former : /

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was 1724 last year, and I got offered campus (although after a few rounds of offers, and my choices were limited). Anyone under 1000 will definitely have no problem (even if they mightn't get the exact place they want, e.g. Belgrove).

There's something 800 places reserved for incoming first years. Out of those who put their name on the list, a lot won't get their first choice, or get a higher non-UCD choice, or get UCD and decide not to live on campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

I was about 1600ish last year and got first choice of campus so u think you will get it no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'm presuming you did read this, but CAO students applying for on campus should read this PDF. It is the Clarissa of PDFs, it explains it all!

http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Step%20by%20Step%20guide%20for%20CAO%20students%20on%20how%20to%20book%20a%20room%20in%20UCD%20Residences.pdf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I didn't even put my name on any list until after the CAO results and I managed to get a place all the same.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I didn't even put my name on any list until after the CAO results and I managed to get a place all the same.

The same as my friend, was offered Roebuck and Belgrove. He didn't do as well in the leaving cert as he expected and UCD was a good bit down on the list, so he hadn't thought of arranging accomodation for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

I never come in through the CAO so I clicked on a link to see how its done.

The having to wait 2 days for the CAO to inform UCD that you've accepted your offer is patently absurd, its 2011, I did my LC a few years ago now and I assumed when I clicked accept that UCD knew right away.
    I could make a detailed online shopping purchase in 2001 and they have my information in 2 seconds, but in 2011 one government computer can't tell another "CAO Number 1156060 ACCEPT"

....and were going to be the knowledge, information and high tech based smart economy? hahahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

The having to wait 2 days for the CAO to inform UCD that you've accepted your offer is patently absurd, its 2011, I did my LC a few years ago now and I assumed when I clicked accept that UCD knew right away.
    I could make a detailed online shopping purchase in 2001 and they have my information in 2 seconds, but in 2011 one government computer can't tell another "CAO Number 1156060 ACCEPT"

I'm in the same boat as you, did my leaving in 2009. You had to wait for CAO to inform UCD?? I don't think I did but now I'm wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

....and were going to be the knowledge, information and high tech based smart economy? hahahahahahahahaha
    The system probably can, but it's no use if there is no staff member at the ucd end to read the info off the screen! Cuts everywhere, student desk only accepting phone calls three mornings a week.. expect it to get worse before it gets better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

stop wrote: »
    The system probably can, but it's no use if there is no staff member at the ucd end to read the info off the screen! Cuts everywhere, student desk only accepting phone calls three mornings a week.. expect it to get worse before it gets better.

The UCD accommodation computers can do it all automatically, thats what they do anyway when CAO informs ucd they can clear you automatically then bring you to the menu to choose your room.
    No person deals with your individual file manually anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'm presuming you did read this, but CAO students applying for on campus should read this PDF. It is the Clarissa of PDFs, it explains it all!

http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Step%20by%20Step%20guide%20for%20CAO%20students%20on%20how%20to%20book%20a%20room%20in%20UCD%20Residences.pdf

I would bet that very few people got that reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I would bet that very few people got that reference.

But writing it kept me happy. As happy as a Teenage Witch :pac:

Advertisement