Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please explain 'new' tariffs

• 09-05-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Waiting on hold trying to phone esb has eaten up all my phone credit, so hoping someone here will answer my questions...
    I've been with esb for years, never in arrears - do I have to call to get the advertised discounts, surely they should just be applied. I'm willing to change to electronic billing, but not direct debit - this is the reason I stayed with esb when they were the most expensive. I need to pay off weekly amounts on my easypay card.
    So, do I need to make contact to get a cheaper rate? I'm annoyed if that's the case.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Yes you need to contact them and opt in to the cheaper rates, you'll be able to get the full discount and not have to pay by direct debit because you've been with the ESB and haven't gone into arrears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi planetX,

If you PM me your account details I'll switch you over to the most suitable plan right away.

The price plans aren't applied automatically as there are a range of options that need to be tailored to suit each individual customer's requirements. That way, the incentive exists to get in touch and discuss with us (or select online) what would work best for you.

In your own case, we should definitely be able to customize a suitable plan, bearing in mind what you have outlined above. Just get in touch via PM and we can take it from there.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Please pass on to your bosses that there is one angry customer out here. So I've been sitting here like a chump, paying my bill on time at the higher rate for MONTHS while other people have been on lower rate.
    I don't want to have to contact you - as far as I'm concerned I contact you every time I pay my bill on time. The excuse about discussing plans is lame.
    Why shouldn't a good customer like me have the discounts applied as soon as they came in?
    I don't like this kind of thing, it makes me want to go and check out the competition which is what I intend to do - I bet they don't have a higher rate for people who don't have the time to go chasing them down.:mad: I've never heard of anything so ridiculous, it's insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi planetX,

I am sorry that this has been your experience. To add to what David has said above: there are certain variables that do need to be considered regarding the various new payment plans, e.g. whether the customer wishes to avail of e-billing and/or direct debit, so unfortunately it wouldn't be feasible to automatically apply the new rates without speaking to the customer first.
    Just to clarify also: the new rates have been available since 4th April. As outlined by David, if you PM us your details, we will gladly arrange a callback. We are here between 9am and 6pm.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement