Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few general questions. Please help !!!

• 09-05-2011 7:21pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 19

Hey, Thinking seriously about this college and wanna ask a few questions like. Firstly whats with the level 8 courses only being 3 years long ?
    Secondly in course like the level 8 business do they make you do like presentations and speeches and stuff, i know this shudnt be a big deal but i hate it. Thirdly what is the boys to girl ratio in the college like is it a complete sausage fest or like is there bundys for the hot dogs :)
    haha. Please help dudes !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I've answered your questions about presentations in your other post (Or tried to anyway!)

About it being 3 years I'm not 100% sure but if you compare this course to DIT or similar in the places that are 4 years long you'll generally find that they have to do placement or erasmus for 6 months and i guess that makes it a bit longer, i know in WIT in first year (or in the first semester anyway) all thier subjects are "an introduction to.... whatever that subject is" so say marketing where as in NCI we just go ahead and do marketing1 (Hope I explained that ok!)
    For me I was happy enough to do a 3 year degree as in my view doing a four year course just meant an extra 1500 (minimum!) reg fee and accommodation for an extra year to have the same level of education but some people would have a preference to go on placement, or go abroad and i guess there are arguments for and against each.

Girl/boy ratio in my course is about half and half

Advertisement