Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Mango Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

There will be **** loads of stuff. Tbh the biggest feature release any phone OS had.

And of course after this it will be a fully featured Smart phone OS and not a feature phone anymore :) Will be a real contendor vs iOS and Android :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Hope your right.
    Hopefully some new hardware to follow soon afterwards then. A new HTC with a duel core processor ala the Sensation would be lovely! Don't think I'll be able to wait for what nokia might be bringing to the table.

Well im hoping for the same. But tbh regarding dual core processors i have doubts that this will be supported this year. Due to the fact their working on supporting the 2nd get Qualcomm processors. No news or details have been shared on will WP7 will support dual core processors.

Even now Android it self isnt optimized for dual core processors. Only OEM's add some support to certain places (ie. Galaxy S2 browser. One processors renders flash and the other does the page)

So i think Microsoft might be better of holding off a bit and doing this properly to harvest the most use out of dual core. Tbh right now dual cores arent needed in WP7. The 3D games that are available on the Market run very smoothly compared to Android (GameLoft HD games). I get of average 2 days battery life out of my Omnia 7 with BT and Data always on.

Ive still to test the arc,desire s and newer handsets and see how they work with HD games and how things have improved. Will be doing more reviews after this months when i finish up on college and get time to play around with them properly and test them heavily :)

Right now im still hoping that phone companies look for alternative screen solutions as the screen gobbles up far more power than the processor. Especially large screens. iPhone has great battery life due to its great optimization to the processor and a tiny screen.

But that might all change. Just need to wait and see for the actual even thats taking place. Nokia has an event in Athens on 17th :) so might see some WP7 handsets? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

So has anyone gotten the update yet? Rumour was that it was to be released on the 15th, but I've nothing as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

mtb_kng wrote: »
    So has anyone gotten the update yet? Rumour was that it was to be released on the 15th, but I've nothing as of yet.

O2 UK have said in a tweet that Mango is in the final stages of testing and they will make an announcement soon. Since O2 Ireland just basically wait for the UK lads to do anything I would say we will see it a week or so after O2 UK users do (which will hopefully also be in the next week or two).

Although I'm getting the impression that the Mango update is a lot better coordinated than the Nodo update, so we could be surprised and all have it by the end of the week. There are some brilliant mango apps on the horizon!

• Advertisement

O2 UK have said in a tweet that Mango is in the final stages of testing and they will make an announcement soon. Since O2 Ireland just basically wait for the UK lads to do anything I would say we will see it a week or so after O2 UK users do (which will hopefully also be in the next week or two).

Although I'm getting the impression that the Mango update is a lot better coordinated than the Nodo update, so we could be surprised and all have it by the end of the week. There are some brilliant mango apps on the horizon!
    I'm on the open firmware though, surely I should have gotten it today? I have a LG Optimus 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I'm on the open firmware though, surely I should have gotten it today? I have a LG Optimus 7.

Microsoft haven't released it yet, once they do you should get the update as you're on the open firmware. It should be very soon... :)

How soon though? Dying to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

How soon though? Dying to get it!

Around the start of October. You could just install it yourself, the RTM version is out and will be the one you will get in October anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭garethmc

not a O2 customer anymore but got a HD7 through them last year... just wondering what way the update process goes when your not a customer anymore.... can updates be pushed directly by Microsoft? Also if anyone is registered on the O2 forum can they ask the support guys when Mango will be pushed by O2 Ireland??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

garethmc wrote: »
    not a O2 customer anymore but got a HD7 through them last year... just wondering what way the update process goes when your not a customer anymore.... can updates be pushed directly by Microsoft? Also if anyone is registered on the O2 forum can they ask the support guys when Mango will be pushed by O2 Ireland??

If i was you i would go through the effort of flashing free roaming firmware. O2 takes ages to approve updates.

Its not that hard really :)

If ya have a HTC devices theres already ROM's waiting on the internet to be flashed. Just simply put your phone into download mode and click next next next :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just a rumor but Vodafone are supposedly going to push out the mango update tomorrow.

http://www.wpcentral.com/vodafone-group-roll-mango-out-tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

Apparently it's starting now, but I don't know anyone who has had it yet

http://mango.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-world.aspx

Advertisement