Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41x detour this evening

Options
  • 09-05-2011 8:13pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on the 41x this evening that decided to ignore Rathbeale Road and go through Applewood?

Took from 5 o'clock to 23 minutes past six to get there!

I usually get the 5:15 and am home by 6:15! The half five 41x went past Rathbeale road at 29 minutes past six.

The driver said that was the route they'd been told to drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Stheno wrote: »
    Anyone on the 41x this evening that decided to ignore Rathbeale Road and go through Applewood?

Took from 5 o'clock to 23 minutes past six to get there!

I usually get the 5:15 and am home by 6:15! The half five 41x went past Rathbeale road at 29 minutes past six.

The driver said that was the route they'd been told to drive.

Hi!

While I wasnt on that service I am fairly knowledgeable of the 41X and I might be able to offer some insight.

To me it would seem that your driver (not part of the regular team of 41X drivers who operate the evening schedules) would normally operate the 0730 or 0750 service ex Swords Manor which operates through Applewood/Glen Ellen and therefore he is just following his morning route in reverse.

Hope that helps.

Richard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It does thanks :)

Wouldn't mind but I left work early hoping to get home 15 mins early :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Did this happen again this evening? Noticed it was the same driver as yesterday when I got on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ginny wrote: »
    Did this happen again this evening? Noticed it was the same driver as yesterday when I got on.

Got the later one for fear of a recurrence :)

I was thinking maybe they were told to go that way to compete with the swords express, silly route though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I was thinking maybe they were told to go that way to compete with the swords express, silly route though!

Its not that silly if you live in applewood:D

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Service was back to normal Yesterday.

Driver got mixed up on Monday, she's a 41C driver - admitted her errors yesterday.

She went the correct way yesterday.

Ah but it would be silly calling it an express bus when it goes through rivervalley and applewood.

Advertisement