Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price for paving driveway 31x17

Options
  • 09-05-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

hey folks,
    hope this is in the right section!

i am looking for an estimate for getting a driveway paved, it is 33 feet by 17, all level,
    its not for me but the person has being quoted €5000 by a large nationwide company, i thought his was a bit much:eek:

any advice or estimates welcome

cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

like with most requests on here for prices, you will need more details than that to get a price.

what is the existing surface? is there concrete to be removed? Is it topsoil?
    What kind of paving is needed? a cobble lock brick paving? or large flagstone type paving? is their kerbing to the edges? will there be cars parked ont he paving or just pedestrian use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

bruschi wrote: »
    like with most requests on here for prices, you will need more details than that to get a price.

what is the existing surface? is there concrete to be removed? Is it topsoil?
    What kind of paving is needed? a cobble lock brick paving? or large flagstone type paving? is their kerbing to the edges? will there be cars parked ont he paving or just pedestrian use?

sorry!

it is a currently nearly all a type of decorative stone is the best way to describe it, that would be removed,
    the quote was for cobblelock paving, there is a flowerbed on one of the narrow edges which i think would need the kerbing, yes there will be cars parked on it,
    apologies for the lack of detail:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 PaddyMsGoat

So thats 33x17 =561 sq feet 561/10 = 56.1 m2

56.1m2 @ 89.126 Euros per m2 =4999.997 Euros.

I'm cheaper, do I get the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrennyMcbender

ill do it for 8 pints of murphys a day and a go on yer missus at the weekend..
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 46,142 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ill do it for 8 pints of murphys a day and a go on yer missus at the weekend..
    :p
    Bye now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

OP get a spec for the stone you want to put in and calculate the area and put it on a site like http://www.mytradesman.ie/ or similar and see what quotes you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,142 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So thats 33x17 =561 sq feet 561/10 = 56.1 m2

56.1m2 @ 89.126 Euros per m2 =4999.997 Euros.

I'm cheaper, do I get the job?
    Warning given

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Did you get the work done?

Advertisement