Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red screen on mp4 player??

• 09-05-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guy, hoping this is the right forum for this... I bought an mp4 player from China a few months ago even though I know I was buying a cheaply made device. It was a drag and drop if that makes sense, no software needed as with an apple device, you just opened the removable disk (F:) folder and dragged the songs into it. Anyways, it started saying that the files were invalid (even though they were the same songs I already had on it) and when I was looking around in the settings the screen just went red and have tried everything I know (which isn't a lot about electronics) and can't seem to fix. Has this problem happened anyone before and any easy solutions for it, other than throwing it in the bin?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Probably not going to be able to help....but maybe...

Does your mp3player have a brand name and model name?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mz Lazy

Not that I can see, its a cheapo one, can't find the name or model or aything under properties.. been looking into problems with red screens and I think it could be something to do with firmware? Now I can't find anything about that either in its properties except something about rockchip USB disk and some foreign words... I'm starting to thing that I should cut my losses and invest in a real one from apple or zen etc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You might have to, some of the chinese ones are decent, but the vast majority are worthless bits of circuitry...was hoping that maybe you'd accidentally picked up a decent-ish brand. Oh well, maybe it'll just start working again :D

If you do decide to just bin it feel free to ask here for suggestions about a replacement.

Thanks for the input :) Doubt its going to work again, I read that if you press update then its useless, and wait for it, I pressed update..... now its decided that what little words come up, now come up in chinese :confused:

So will be asking advice soon on a new decent mp3 player, I''m thinking Apple might be getting my business :)

Thanks again!

Yeah, their new nano is a super device, i'm a big fan, the touch is great too with all the apps you can download - of course most of them cost money :P

• Advertisement

But in this case, for a quality device,i suppose money needs to be spent! at least there'd be no red screens and a higher chance of it being fixable :)

I'd recommend you stay away from the Creative Zen range, they used to have a decent reputation over here - mostly because their customer service was second to none - but nowadays their products are only a slight step up from those generic Chinese mp3 players and customer care has all but been abandoned.

The Sandisk Sansa Clip+, if you can find one, is a great basic player (it's what I have on me at all times - it's so small :D) but their customer care is none existent outside of the US.

You're probably best off splurging on an ipod nano or touch, even though the reliance on itunes can be a bit of a kicker at times.

I actually have an ipod shuffle thats given me no problems (if you don't include the fact i walked on the charger and broke it!) but I want a higher capacity one. Was thinking creative zen or an ipod touch, looks like I'll be staying away from the creative zeon ones so!!

heh yeah, a quick search of the word "creative" on this forum will turn up a shocking volume of problem threads

The touch on the other hand is solid, I've had 3 or 4 at this stage but I never keep them - I like my mp3 player to be as small as possible so it's the Clip+ for me :D

Yeah the ipod shuffle is great for being able to carry it around, but I've lost it about 10 times already in my room alone!

I want one I can store all my songs on (about 3000 and counting) and also put some films/tv series on it for when I'm travelling so the touch seems like my ideal one..

• Advertisement
Advertisement