Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CB1 400

• 09-05-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Recently my Honda Bros 400 was stolen and trashed and I'm looking for something of equal power and I've found someone selling a CB1 which is also a 400cc bike though the Bros is 189KG dry and the CB1 is 183KG dry, will that make a big enough difference to keep it from being learner legal?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I think my CB-1 was 55bhp which was over the 33bhp limit.

Probably different engines, people on bros's always seemed a bit slower than my bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Way over the 33BHP limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

Well *bleep*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

250 to get restricted and you're laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Plenry of CB400 alreast restricted out there. Mine is. Both CB400 and BROS are not learner legal without restriction, disregard anyone who says they are.

The restriction kits on the CB400 mess with the mid band acceleration, and kinda with the top speed. It's not that obvious to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

im selling a restricted cb400 super four on adverts, if your near dublin come take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

I've a CB400 Superfour it's restricted - they turn out 52bhp unrestricted.

Still plenty of go in mine - enough for me anyway until I get more experience :) and still good enough for 130- 140 kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

ive had mine 160km restricted and im sure it has more but i got a bit flowery and decided to slow down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

josh59 wrote: »
    I've a CB400 Superfour it's restricted - they turn out 52bhp unrestricted.

Still plenty of go in mine - enough for me anyway until I get more experience :) and still good enough for 130- 140 kph.
    Excellent bike the SuperFour, throughly recommend it.

Advertisement