Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Rental -need to fit luggage and Phil&Teds buggy

Options
  • 09-05-2011 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi all,

going on hols in a month or so with the two kids.
    We'll be taking the Phil and Teds Vibe with us and hiring a car.
    Thing is I'm not sure what cars will take this buggy comfortably along with some luggage.

Does anyone know if a Ford Focus C Max has a big enough boot for that? I dont think a standard Ford Focus does.

Actually while I'm on the subject of Phil and Teds......I can obviously fold down the buggy easily enough but can only seem to do it when I detach the bottom child carrier. This isnt a problem as we just put it into the car in two seperate pieces but this isnt going to work when we get to the plane and need to keep it as one piece.

Does anyone know if its possible to collapse this buggy with the back carrier still attached?

I'm sure the above is confusing so apologies!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We had a c-max or s-max, can't remember which, a couple of years ago. Easily fitted luggage of 4 adults into it. Didn't have a baby then though!

As for the pram, you can check it in as a 2 piece and they will give you 2 luggage stickers for each part. Well thats what I did with my Quinny in February anyway.

Hope this helps and happy holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We have a standard focus and the phil & ted basically takes up the whole boot. From doing a quick search the standard focus seems to have a boot capacity of 498L.

This is a Top Gear review of the C Max and they rate the boot capacity
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/ford/focus-c-max/verdict
    The C Max capacity starts at 550L but the seats can be adjusted but if you've got 2 kids in the back thats not possible.

Why not look at a mondeo or similar? My brother has one and the boot is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

There's a 5 door station wagon version of the Ford Focus which will easily accomodate the Phil and Ted and your luggage. It's a version we've got a couple of times and it's been very handy.

It's no problem the buggy being in 2 pieces - just tell them when checking in atthe airport and they will put a separate label on each part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

When we went to France we booked a c-max but got a peugeot, the clutch was faulty so brought it right back to them (hadn't even gone a mile) we were then given a c-max, we had a chicco buggy and a cheap stroller, 3 large suitcases and 4 hand luggage and the boot fitted everything (as did the peugeot). (and 3 kids 1 booster seat and 1 car seat)

How old is the baby/child? could you not pick up a cheap buggy/stoller if the baby/babies are over 6 months, there are very handy for holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

thanks for the advice everyone and sorry for the late reply.
    we went with two strollers in the end. was just a bit easier.

dublin airport was a disaster though as they only had one of the security check areas open so after a 30 minute queue it was a struggle to get two babies out of the buggies as well as everything else that needs to go through the scanner, then unfold buggies etc at the other side.

Security staff in Spain though on the way back were excellent. 4 minutes queueing and they had opened the buggies for us at the other side of the scanner so we just had to put the kids into them and not fumble around for ages!

• Advertisement
Advertisement