Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paintballing after surgery

Options
  • 09-05-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey guys, first post in this forum :)

My school's doing a paintballing outing on Friday week (the 20th) and I'm thinking of going. Last Monday I had surgery to remove my appendix. It was keyhole surgery so it wasn't too intrusive and I have 3 very small scars on my lower abdomen, all of which are healing quickly.

I'm still recovering at home the moment but I can get up and walk around with only barely noticeable pain. At this rate I should be back in school before the end of this week and make a full recovery by next week, but is it safe for me to go on the paintballing trip?

I know paintballing is very physical and I can imagine taking a few shots in the gut wouldn't be the nicest experience, what sort of padding/protection is provided?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paulie69

Depends where your going, some sites offer body armour protection. Its prob not the best idea, if you have any stiches or staples in i would make sure they are either out or gone before. Or just dont be jumping around into things like rambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Had the same surgery (keyhole also) on April 1st. Didn't use painkillers or anything after the surgery.

When leaving the hospital, was told it would take 6 - 8 weeks to recover fully. Did some manual work 2 wks later and I did feel it.
    Remember, you will be running around, bending, crawling etc, you may want to give the paintballing a miss - you dont want to end up with a hernia.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭toadpenguin

Thanks for the advice guys, it probably would be better to stay out of the line of fire for a while!

I'm saving myself 40-odd euro by not going, so there's a bright side :)

Advertisement