Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemary disease

Options
  • 09-05-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's wrong with these Rosemary plants? The leaves are turning redish brown and eventually drop off or die

th_DSC01074.jpg th_DSC01075.jpg th_DSC01077.jpg

The first two is a new plant i got recently the third is a cutting(the only one that survived the winter!) from an established plant that died last year with smiler problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Phosphorous Deficiency?

Just noticed the subject plants :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Check the growing tips..are the leaves bunched in together and coated in white dust?
    Chances are its a caterpiller in there causing the problem..i would remove the affected tip anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Phosphorous deficiency!

The
    leaves that turn purplish in color
    would suggest the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Degsy wrote: »
    Check the growing tips..are the leaves bunched in together and coated in white dust?
    Chances are its a caterpiller in there causing the problem..i would remove the affected tip anyway.

The tips look ok to me their is no sign of white dust.
    Phosphorous deficiency!

The would suggest the above.

I don't know the first one i potted on into a bigger pot as soon as i got it, with fresh compost and it has been fed. The one in the third picture could be Phosphorous deficient it does need to be potted on and hasn't been fed but i think they both have the same problem.
    I will try feeding them both and see what happens.

Those weed growers put allot of effort in!

Advertisement