Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeships

Options
  • 09-05-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I am currently a leaving cert student, finishing up in a few weeks, and I'm wondering are there any apprenticships happening?? I did my aptitude test for bus eireann apprenticeship, I am also very interested in a carpentry apprenticeship. Has anyone got any information or any help on where companies are taking people on? I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Check out the fas.ie > job seeker section and job type > apprenticeship. They will be displayed there. If you do find one make sure the company registers you.

Also no harm in contacting company's independently of fas.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

hate to sound negative, but there are loads of carpenters stuck mid apprenticeship at the moment, its prob one of the worse off trades at the moment, you should still scout around , and best of luck with it but just make sure you get registered for FAS , these days your just a glorified labourer if your not registered with FAS for training .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

As said above it's not a great idea to start an apprenticeship now with they way things are with so many lads stuck in there apprenticeship.

I would also be very wary of starting one even if you where offered one unless it was off some sort of county council or something like that. I know plenty of younger lads who have been taken on as apprentices for a few weeks only to be let go. Some employers take on a couple of first years for cheap labour.

The bus eireann one seems like the best bet.

Best of luck whatever you do..

Advertisement