Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frame advice - which one....

• 09-05-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey all, lookin for some bike nerds to give me aopinions. Im looking to build up a bike with the best possible preferably carbon framefor around €500- €600 (frame only that is). Im looking at planet x, BMC or Ribble at the moment. Im racing an ancient steel frame at the moment and have come to think that although Im not the worlds strongest rider - Its probably not helping when everyone else is on carbon! Im probably not going to get the stiffest frame at this price range but Ide appreciate your opinions....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Dibs ancient steel frame when you cross over to the dark side ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I got a Canyon Ultimate AL from Canyon for €600. It's great to race on, indistinguishable stiffness-wise from my prevous carbon. It was in the "outlet" section, which was a bit empty the last time I looked.

They have a "sponsorship" programme for those with a UCI licence (e.g. C.I. racing licence). It is administered through the UK, and brings the costs down to near the outlet prices (but doesn't apply to bikes in the outlet).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

There was a few threads about chinese carbon frames which are pretty cheap but seem good quality. Here is one do a search or post in that for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

What size frame are you looking for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fiachra cork

Is Dibs the same as bags? If so - not a hope, Im very attached to it- its a rapparee that I had custom made back around 87 so couldn't part with it. Im just to old and fat to move the yoke!

• Advertisement

Murph100 wrote: »
    What size frame are you looking for ?

Ide say a 54cm - my old frame is a 22 5/8 centre to centre.

Lumen wrote: »
    I got a Canyon Ultimate AL from Canyon for €600. It's great to race on, indistinguishable stiffness-wise from my prevous carbon. It was in the "outlet" section, which was a bit empty the last time I looked.

They have a "sponsorship" programme for those with a UCI licence (e.g. C.I. racing licence). It is administered through the UK, and brings the costs down to near the outlet prices (but doesn't apply to bikes in the outlet).

Nice one - will look into it...

Advertisement