Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending e-mails with Hotmail....

• 09-05-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48

I have been a hotmail account holder for a long time but recently, when trying to send e-mails, hotmail asks me to type in the security words that they show in order to stop spammers. I haven't sent an email from hotmail since they asked me to do this as i'm not sure if its genuine or not. Should I be worried or just go ahead and type in the security words. I'm just weary of hackers and scams but quite frankly I know little about either so just want to make sure..... Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Just tried hotmail there myself and there was no captcha field to be filled in so it doesn't seem to be standard practice. Perhaps try changing the password on your account and see if the issue remains after a couple of days.

I'm assuming that by security words you are referring to a captcha field (it normally has captcha written on it somewhere). If this is not the case can you screenshot whatever it is you are seeing.

Also, try using a different web browser such as Firefox to see if it behaves differently. It shouldn't but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Its normal google once more is your friend: http://gadgetspeak.weebly.com/1/post/2011/03/hotmail-requiring-captcha-to-send-email.html

Tbh were I you id move you account to Gmail... they now have a really handy tool that will import all your contacts and emails from hotmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Ana36

Thanks guys. just seems a bit fishy to me cos they have asked me to type in these letters for any email I want to send, even if its for people who I have sent e-mails to before. Do you know how I can contact hotmail, perhaps they can shed some further light on this. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

As I dont use hotmail I cannot help with that but I would imagine there must be a help option somewhere... I doubt they extend a huge amount of support to it though.

Advertisement