Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trailer Park Boys - Olympia Theatre - 12th, 13th, 14th December

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Lumbo wrote: »
    I met Julian, Bubbles and Randy outside the Oak last night. Got some pictures. They were in a hurry, WALKING, to their hotel but still stopped to let us get some pictures.

Was sitting in the 3rd row last night. Really enjoyed the show. Bubbles holds the whole thing together, Randy and Lahey gave a good performance but Ricky and Julian didn't seem to translate well onto stage but that's all water under the fridge. 8/10 for a comedy show.

I thought they all translated well besides Julian he wasnt the best I thought Ricky was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I was there last night and it was ruined by idiots shouting at the stage all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Good show last night sadly highly interrupted by the same few tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Was at Monday night's show, really enjoyed it.
    Bubbles on stage for about 90% of the time holds the whole thing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great show last night but some amount of dopes. 2 guys behind me asleep from drink and what was with the 'fat ni**er' comment?? :eek:

Then the fight in the lobby after the show but have to admit that guy deserved the box in the face.

I was gonna wait for the boys around the side but it was lashing out so just went to the pub. When pub closed, we headed to abra and met John Dunsworth outside the olympia who said the boys will be out in a min. Met em all and got pics taken but they were rushed on so missed Rob Wells. After Abra, heading back to our hotel, met the boys again and got the pic with Rob. Complete fluke meeting them the 2 times and all are absolute gents.

Amazing night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

That "fat Ni**er" comment shows how dumb these people are. I didn't see that fight as I left as they were saying goodbye because I was so pissed off. Some amount of arseholes in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Absolute clowns at the show last night howling the same ****ing thing over and over... made the latter part of the show a bit of a slog, even for the guys on stage who asked a couple of times for the hecklers to get it out of their system and let the show go on.

Also, two of the lads who were brought up on stage, baked, and tried to be smart... you looked like complete tools.

Bubbles holds the whole thing together, randy was brilliant as well as ricky, julian and lahey were a bit limp. Good show though, some great gags. The ghost of christmas past bit was quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I was at it last night and on tuesday night. I found the crowd were a bit better on Tuesday. Although the crowd were far worse the first time they came last year. Half the crowd had only seen the last few seasons and just keep shouting phil collins stuff which got really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Just been reminded that someone threw a coin at Lahey when he was walking up on stage for the second time (this was on Tuesday night). The coin hit the steps and no one really noticed it. F*&kin tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh ya, I mean why would you throw something at them. Bizarre behaviour. Beaming for that Noel fella going winning the santa audition and then winning the back stage pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭p to the e

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Beaming for that Noel fella going winning the santa audition and then winning the back stage pass.

Thought this was hilarious. Even Ricky seemed delighted. I was a few rows back from the "ni###r" comment lad. He shouted it as if everyone was going to laugh but the whole place just went silent. I've been to a few things in the Olympia but this was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had in a theatre. Was annoyed at first when everyone was shouting stuff but just ignored it after a while and actually enjoyed the show. Bubbles as a ghost had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Was Laheys 'wardrobe malfunction' (Wed night) part of the act? It didn't look like it. Dunsworth was having a tough time keeping it together after Randy pointed it out.

Brilliant show really enjoyed it. Bubbles was great on the stage. The idiots shouting did start to grate a lot by the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Klim wrote: »
    Was Laheys 'wardrobe malfunction' (Wed night) part of the act? It didn't look like it. Dunsworth was having a tough time keeping it together after Randy pointed it out.

Brilliant show really enjoyed it. Bubbles was great on the stage. The idiots shouting did start to grate a lot by the end though.

I was there on tuesday night what wardrobe malfunction did he do? I thought they were great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm pretty sure the wardrobe malfunction wasn't intended, I assume he would've at least warmed up a bit beforehand if so. :pac:

Crowd were ****in awful Wednesday night, not sure how good or otherwise the show actually was because of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

deisedave wrote: »
    I was there on tuesday night what wardrobe malfunction did he do? I thought they were great

Ha ha! I thought it wasn't scripted. Near the end when Lahey has his underpants on with the red baubles, he's lain on the ground talking to Randy. On Wed night, Lahey let it all hang out so to speak. Randy had to tell him 'Mr Lahey, your c*cks out'. I was pretty sure from John Dunsworths reaction it was unintentional, he couldn't stop laughing.

Advertisement