Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyfield Buildings

Options
  • 09-05-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I am trying to find the year that Hollyfield Buildings were built in.
    My parents were in Rathmines Avenue in 1901 and and show up in Hollyfields on the 1911 census. There is no record of anybody living there in 1901. So the buildings must have gone up between 1901 and 1911.
    What year was it? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

120 flats were built in 1903 at Hollyfield by Rathmines U.D.C

(src: Dublin's Suburban Towns / Seamas Ó Maithiú - 2003)

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

Thanks Shane, that's brilliant. I have now ordered a copy for myself from Amazon. :D
    Do you know of any good books that cover Harold's Cross and/or Terenure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

sorry - cant think of anything specific to recommend for Harold's Cross or Terenure.. Most of the interesting books are the older ones, I keep an eye out for anything that looks promising in 2nd hand books - ebay, biblio, at books fairs etc...

not quite Harold's Cross/Terenure - but in the right sort of area and an interesting read, and some great photos, is (the late) Deirdre Kelly's 'Four Roads to Dublin'. It's out of print as far as I know but second hand copies are available

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kerrywoman15

Any idea what would have been there before the construction of Hollyfield Buildings? My grandfather was born in 1898 and the address given is 95 Hollyfields, Rathmines

Advertisement