Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate turtle shells with green caramel-like filling?

Options
  • 09-05-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all!

Been trying to source these for quite a while; don't remember the name of them but the taste still lingers about 13 years later! :o

They were about 2 / 3 inches in diameter, milk chocolate with a kind of "Easter egg" style tortoise shell pattern on them, and they had green caramel filling in them?

The only ones I can find online are chocolate tortoises made with pecans; the ones I'm thinking of were fairly cheap, definitely not made with pecans, and were God's greatest gift to mankind.

Anyone have any idea if these are still produced, or even name of the company that produced them?
    Would majorly appreciate any info! :D

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh God I absolutely adored them! They used to be 5p but no idea what they were called sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

they are called eat a yolk

can buy them here

http://thesweetshop.ie/en/23-walkers-eat-a-yolk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Good to know I didn't imagine them, cause nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention them! They were amazing. Unfortunately haven't seen them sold in shops in years and years though :( I was hoping the halloween cream eggs (green goos inside) would taste similar, but alas, no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

antocann wrote: »

can buy them here

:eek: YES! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

last time i baught these they are somthing like 25c each , ask your local shop to order them in , if they have demand for them they will surely order them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 golgi

ahh i remember these, they were delicious! .....and im not that old, pretty sure i bought one about a year ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

antocann wrote: »

can buy them here

...... I spent the last 3 years searching for these, and you not only give me a name and picture, but you also make it possible for them to be delivered to me! :eek:

I'll never forget you 'til the day I die! :pac:

Seriously though, thanks so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

There's a shop in Carlow that used to sell these a few years ago. The staff used to laugh at me going in buying €5 worth! I love Eat a Yolks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

There's a shop in mountmellick that still sells them, at least they did about a month ago. Haven't been in since. Nicest sweets ever made. Used to get them off the ice cream van as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Rob113 wrote: »
    Used to get them off the ice cream van as a kid.

Me too!!! The icecream van just drove past my house... wish I chanced it to see if they have any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Lots of shops in Letterkenny seem to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

YraggarY wrote: »
    Hi all!
    They were about 2 / 3 inches in diameter, milk chocolate with a kind of "Easter egg" style tortoise shell pattern on them, and they had green caramel filling in them?

I remember Eat A Yolks but don't remember having green fondant, wasn't it yellow? That's why they were called yolks because they looked like the inside of an egg or am I going crazy?

Advertisement