Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram for p67 motherboard

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does it matter if i choose 1333mhz or 1600mhz ram for a motherboard i am thinking of utilising in a build. MOBO is MSI p67 gd53

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Compatibility-wise, no. Might differ slightly performance-wise though, depending on your other components.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Serephucus wrote: »
    Compatibility-wise, no. Might differ slightly performance-wise though, depending on your other components.

Are u really likely to notice on an everyday basis. Would be using 8gig for Ableton Live Music and games (casual)

Would i be right in thinking the 1600 would be better in the case of overclocking ( its not important to me but i will overclock a bit )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Odds are, no.

It would be better, but again, you're probably not going to notice. If you're only OCing "a bit", odds are you won't need the slight added stability. What would give you more stability is RAM from a reputable brand, over generic, value RAM. Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin, and Kingston, make great RAM.

Advertisement