Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercings, do you play with yours?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

Got my tongue done about 2 months ago and didn't want to develop a habit of playing with it around my teeth so avoided it as much as I could. I sometimes do it when I'm drunk but nothing major and never more than once or twice. The only thing I really do with it is drag it across the roof of my mouth. I know strange right.

So fellow boardsies how do you play with yours? Or do you at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 optimised

I've had mine done for alittle over a year and I find it impossible not to play with esp when I'm nervous, It hasn't done any harm to my teeth yet playin with it

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Ive been threatening to get this done for years, think its about time I grew a pair and finally did it. Is the pain that bad or over exageratted by some?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The pain is different for everyone, so it could be very bad for one person and a breeze for another. Me peronally I found the clamps and the swelling afterwards to be the worst part.

As for playing with it, I don't really. The very odd time but I try not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

is it true you cant have milk in tea after? cause that would be preeeety difficult

It is recommended that you avoid dairy while it's healing as there's a possibility of a yeast infection. Also trying to drink hot tea with a fresh tongue piercing is not very fun at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Ive been threatening to get this done for years, think its about time I grew a pair and finally did it. Is the pain that bad or over exageratted by some?

I was the same. Took me years before I got it done. I found the pain to be alright. Very weird sensation though.

You probably won't want to have tea tbh. Hot things are just not good for the swelling. And about the dairy thing, the guy I got it done by (snakebite. Highly recommend them!) said that you can have dairy just make sure you thoroughly wash your mouth out afterwards.

I could eat after just two days just had to be careful and eat slowly. I've heard some people being on liquid diets for a week or 2 but IMHO it was well worth it. i'm very happy I got it done now cause if I didn't get it done at the time I think there was very little chance I would have gotten it done at all due to circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I play with mine quite a lot. I'm forever brushing it off the roof of my mouth like you OP, or catching the bottom ball between my teeth. Just a force of habit. I guess im lucky I haven't damaged my teeth yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

I didn't think it hurt much when i got it done, but I just didn't want to deal with the pain of eat so I didn't eat for a few days maybe a week.

I played with it lots and lots and then some more, never had any problems from playing with it, though i did have it tear through my tongue slightly from other things that weren't intentional, like jerking my tongue back while the ball was in front of my teeth and the bar wedging.

I took it out about a year or two ago, partly because i wanted to see what it was like to have it out again (weird) and partly beacuse i wanted to see if the scarring and what not would heal. it didn't so i have a weird lump on my tongue annd i miss the piercing. i would get it again but i don't want to risk more scar tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Laura m

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Got my tongue done about 2 months ago and didn't want to develop a habit of playing with it around my teeth so avoided it as much as I could. I sometimes do it when I'm drunk but nothing major and never more than once or twice. The only thing I really do with it is drag it across the roof of my mouth. I know strange right.

So fellow boardsies how do you play with yours? Or do you at all?

I always roll it around the top of my mouth as well but never near my teeth, it's just a weird feeling... Lol :)

Though when I've been drinking I mess around with it a bit more.. Managed to chip one of my front teeth from biting down on it! Gutted =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Twiggy007

I've had mine about 7 years now i play with mine all the time esp when i need a ciggie,
    and it's always in between my teeth. becouse when i role it around the roof of my mouth i wretch and gag. as for the pain mine didn't hurt until i bit down on it whilst eating a burger the next day? have any of you swallowed it after it's come loose? i've done twice!!!!

• Advertisement

Nah I always make sure the balls are nice and tight.

Advertisement