Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerhill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

another think that stands out about summerhill and D1 in general is the filth of the place. its not because its a working class area. The liberties for example is quite clean.

old hippy wrote: »
    Maybe when you're marginalised, despised and ghettoised you'll finally understand...

just for the record I live in D1. how are these people marginalised and ghettoised?

I live and work with foreigners of many shades. they do feel that way and god knows some of them work long and anti social hours.

Maybe when you're marginalised, despised and ghettoised you'll finally understand...

I think people despise them because of the way they behave . They can change it if they want to. it sup to each individual to make the most out of life, yet thez are encouraged to come up with excuses for themselves

I find it easier to speak to the homeless than i do with summerhillers.
    they do not tell you to f off and start throwing stuff at you once they see you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Ah here, get real like. Everyone is responsible for their individual behaviour regardless of their circumstances. Attempting to blame 'society' for making you throw rocks at passers by is a heap of pseudo-political correctness bull****.

Furthermore I would not consider Summerhill residents marginalised. They are perfectly able to remain at education if they so want, get a job if they want etc. Granted it is more difficult than someone from a leafy suburb but certainly not impossible, a lot of good people have come out of inner city Dublin.

Despised? Despised by who? It's not as if they're black people in 1960's Mississippi.

Ghettoised? Summerhill might not be the nicest part of Dublin but it is not a ghetto. Visit the favelas of Brazil or sulms of India to see what a real ghetto looks like.

People need to stop making excuses for anti social behaviour and take personal responsibility. Just because you're from Summerhill doesn't mean you have to be aggressive to passers by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Saw the area around 2004, what a hole and worst I'd seen in Ireland.
    Boarded up flats and a lot with burn marks. Place was a mess and I didn't see many people around.
    Bit of a ghost town.

It's come on a lot in recent years with lovely new houses and blocks
    Same on nearby Portland Row, the houses are very nice and the area being gentrified

What's with the tacky Roman/Greek pillars, tacky as fook. :p
    You can't buy class I suppose though some try too hard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Its all a trap!!!!

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Its all a trap!!!!

meaning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Fuinseog wrote: »
    meaning?

Ha
    A drug lord has imported a beautiful German woman to lull unsuspecting Irish guys into unknown areas for personal gain.
    Remember jokes?

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Ha
    A drug lord has imported a beautiful German woman to lull unsuspecting Irish guys into unknown areas for personal gain.
    Remember jokes?

no idea what you mean, but I for one am looking for answers not tying to get a few laughs

Advertisement