Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant switch off light

• 10-05-2011 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently bought a house and when I went to turn on the porch light it wasn't working, I assumed it just needed a new light bulb, however when I replaced it the light was on, so I tried turning it off at the switch but nothing happened.

Can anyone tell me if this is a problem with the switch, or the wiring?

If its the switch is it easily fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

it maybe that the switch wire is mixed up with the loop feed and so needs to be swapped around at the switch. Also maybe the light is on a sensor and that maybe gone faulty causing the light to stay on, but most likely the switch, I would start at the switch first....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Perfect i will have a look at that, thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

OT

There is a part in Germany where they take a stone and a torch with them when going to bed. The stone is hurled at the bulb and with the torch they check if the light is really off......

Advertisement