Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Newspaper

Options
  • 10-05-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Doing a bit of advertising for my company for our Balbriggan shop - we are in The Northside People for another of our shops, but the guy at that paper admits himself that the paper doesn't get many copies in Balbriggan.

We tried the North County Leader, with not much success. Any suggestions for what paper would work best for Balbriggan?

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Fingal Independent or the Drogheda Independent. Both would cover the Balbriggan catchment area for a Balbriggan shop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I'm based in Balbriggan and have used the North County Leader and Fingal Independent in the past.
    We got a response from both but significantly more from the Fingal independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hill Billy wrote: »
    The Fingal Independent or the Drogheda Independent. Both would cover the Balbriggan catchment area for a Balbriggan shop.

Yes, but their rates will be a lot more, you will be paying for circulation all over Fingal/Louth, Meath.I have tried Drogheda Indep, and very poor response, for its high cost.See if North Co Leader has any plans to increase circulation with the new Tesco Store in Balbriggan, if they have give it another try.

martinn123 wrote: »
    Yes, but their rates will be a lot more, you will be paying for circulation all over Fingal/Louth, Meath.I have tried Drogheda Indep, and very poor response, for its high cost.See if North Co Leader has any plans to increase circulation with the new Tesco Store in Balbriggan, if they have give it another try.

Skerries News then? Comes out once per month & their rates are probably a good bit less than those of the Fingal/Drogheda Indo. Will be read by less people & not cover all of the business's potential catchment area. As the NCL has already stated that they don't have great coverage in the area - it is really down to the OP's advertising budget & strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You could also try the Balbriggan & Skerries (or Skerries & Balbriggan, don't want to offend anyone) Coaster magazine which gets distributed around both towns and in the doors of various houses which is where I've come across it.

www.balbriggancoaster.com/Ad-Rates.php
    The Balbriggan & Skerries Coaster. is a new community magazine dedicated to serving our local communities. It is published monthly and distributed directly to homes in the Balbriggan and Skerries area, as well as in some local shops and churches. The circulation is over 8,000 certified copies.

We proudly promote Citizen/participatory Journalism which means ordinary citizens "playing an active role in the process of collecting, reporting, analyzing and disseminating news and information"

All our articles are directly submitted by local people. As a local publication serving our communities, if there is something you’d like to submit for publication, please email it to the address below. We try our best to publish all local material but the pages fill up fast!
    Please let us know about any local person or team who has achieved, succeeded or made a difference

• Advertisement

Nice one. I haven't come across it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You could also try the Balbriggan & Skerries (or Skerries & Balbriggan, don't want to offend anyone) Coaster magazine which gets distributed around both towns and in the doors of various houses which is where I've come across it.

www.balbriggancoaster.com/Ad-Rates.php

Havent heard of this either, but I have heard good reports of the Meath Coaster which I presume is a sister publication.rates look good at 99+vat for 1/4 page, its only monthly.On circulation they claim 8000 copies, anyone know how many houses in Balbriggan/Skerries. Sounds a bit low?.Anyway might give this one a whirl, anything to drum up some business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

martinn123 wrote: »

Fingal Independent were actually quite reasonable with their rates, but their circulation figures were quite low... We decided to give them a go for a fortnight and see how that works out.

Thanks everyone for the advice & info! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGal10

I've advertised business in the north county leader and didnt get as much response as i'd of hoped, tried the fingal independant got a small response and more recently we are advertising in the northside people and it has done wonders, phone hasnt stopped ringing querying about the advert!

Hope one of them work for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kmckelly

You should use Balbriggan.info - great local website!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

cafetimes, its a newsletter type thing that goes everywhere you can sit down eg, pjs, resturants, hairdresses, doctors surgerys.I think the advertisment is very low about 50 euro, and Bernie does the art work for you.She also do exclusivity, so its only yr add for your type of business.They go out to Skerries, Balbriggan, Rush,Lusk, Swords and Malahide.

http://www.cafetime.ie/page13.php?SessionID=dda24c81937bac95c

HTH,Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

anyone know how many houses in Balbriggan/Skerries
    In and around: Balbriggan 7,300
    Skerries 4,000

Advertisement