Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Tonight!

Options
  • 10-05-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Big game for us. Bale missing, what are our chances? I know we have a good record against Man City but I feel they will be looking for blood after us beating them at home last season to clinch 4th.

I reckon it will be 1-1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sure as hell won't be 1-1, both sides like to attack so I'm going for a high scoring game. I think we'll create plenty of chances, it'll depend on what form Gomes is in and if anyone in a Spurs shirt can hit the back of the net. And Redknapp don't start with Pavlyuchenko either, with one win in 12 isn't exactly great from, but I still fancy us tonight. 3-2 to Spurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

3-0 to city id say

we are failing and failing fast, morale is low and confidence is down

city are rampant and will beat us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »
    3-0 to city id say

we are failing and failing fast, morale is low and confidence is down

city are rampant and will beat us

I'll agree with this, though to be fair, City wouldn't even need to be rampant to beat us. We can't beat Blackpool/West Ham at home, what chance do we have away to a top team? It's clear from recent performances that most players are thinking only about their summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

well we only show up for the big games so i think we have a chance! 1-0 spurs me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

anybody know how doubtful modric is for tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Yup the players seem to lift themselves for the big matches. Its a pity we had that dreadful result v Blackpool but a win tonight still gives us a slight chance of Champions league football again.

ah feck it, lets just win a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Not particularly optimistic based on our current form but you never know, I think if Modric is out we'll definitely struggle - will be curious to see our line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Team just announced on skysports news

Gomes out (back injury ?!?!?)

Wilson and Sandro starting together in midfield

Cudicini

Kabou----Gallas---Dawson----Rose

Palicios---Sandro
    Lennon
    Modric
    VDV

Crouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Interesting team for tonight! Carlo in nets, wilson and sandro also start.

5 changes from last weeks horror show vs Blackpool

Glad to see Carlo get his chance.

The two holding midfilders should give Lennon/Modric and VDV plenty od scope to attack.

Good ol' Harry's gonna give it a lash to night thats for sure!:D

• Advertisement

Got the RB wrong. Charlie is also back

This time last year (almost), I went to the pub to watch this game and my wife went into labour!!! Shortly afterwards was the most amazing moment of my life.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    .. my wife also give birth to our first child - a baby girl the following morning. Ahem.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

Nice finish Crouchy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, this fixture is the epitome of a reverse. This time last year we needed to win to secure 4th, City can do it tonight. Crouch scored for us to win the game, Crouch scores an OG tonight to put City 1 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Typical of our season, 60% possession, Luka misses a sitter and we go 1 down....

Makings of a great game if we can get back into it?! COYS!

^^^^

I was just thinking the same thing.
    I'd have put my house on Modric to score that - he's stroked them home before just like that. The whole damn team is struggling to put the bal in the net. Correction - the right net!

Sandro is awesome!

We're playing pretty good.. at least we are making chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 higginsshane70

I think it will be a draw 1 : 1

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

4 goals in god knows how many games for Crouch and his best 1 is a great touch into his own net...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Pity about Palacios going off so early, though I would've gone for Kranjcar ahead of Pienaar in the sub...

Palacios doesn't offer anything, I for one was glad to see him go off. He can't complete a five yard pass for christ sake.

How are we not beating these mugs?! FFS! Get Defoe on for Crouch...

City are there for the taking, get Defoe on!!!

Carlo has been a spectator for the entire match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Same as whole season . Loads of possession and not able to create chances. It's cos we only have one striker up front and the other fella is running and racing all the way back to left back ..... Again. I can't bear watching how vdv pulls the team so much out of shape and has done so time and time again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

why is crouch still on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody else think that city celebration is just stupid......

Dzeko he's some pile of steaming sh*te.

• Advertisement

Well thank f**k thats over.

The whole will we/wont we make 4th place as been a dragging on for weeks and in typical spurs fashion it was long and painful. ****e result after ****e result and somehow we still had a chance. Well the better team is going through to the CL and they will probably be there for years to come.

Saturdays game means neither team have CL to play for so you can stick your mortgage on liverpool giving is a good spanking.

Advertisement