Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Tonight!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kind of summed up our PL season. All the posession in the world but not enough chances created or taken :( Why not Krancjar for Palacios????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Kind of summed up our PL season. All the posession in the world but not enough chances created or taken :( Why not Krancjar for Palacios????

Cos nikos head is gone and understandably so

We are looking at getting rid of these hopefully

Jenas , bentley , keane , corluka, pav , Gomes, niko ,

That's a lot of deadwood

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Played very well tonight.
    Not worth a wa*k though unless you score.
    I was bewildered with the change, defoe for crouch. He has won several headers all night, late in the game and we are always going to go long, and he takes him off :rolleyes: - bring defoe on and take off vdv and go 2 up top and hope we sneak one, dont take off the fellas who's causing them problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Played very well tonight.
    Not worth a wa*k though unless you score.
    I was bewildered with the change, defoe for crouch. He has won several headers all night, late in the game and we are always going to go long, and he takes him off :rolleyes: - bring defoe on and take off vdv and go 2 up top and hope we sneak one, dont take off the fellas who's causing them problems.
    Yeah we did play ok but didnt create a lot and Hart hadnt many saves to make, I read somewhere that Harry was looking to offload VDV in the summer, maybe thats why he was left on :confused: Dissappointed tonight but it was a great season to be a Spurs fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Disappointed to loose but if we can't score we aren't worth it ah well roll on the next match

• Advertisement

Oh ya Danny Rose has done well the last two matches hasn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Oh ya Danny Rose has done well the last two matches hasn't he.

Forgot to mention that, he has been our best players in the last 2 games, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that, he has been our best players in the last 2 games, fair play to him.

Close to Sandro who I think is potentially the best player in our squad. Turbo engine and strong as an ox. He might be gone before we know it..?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A performance typical of our season,dominated the game but once more we couldn't score a goal.

I'm getting worried now because our form is starting to mirror how we played after we won the league cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lads if we had a couple of strikers who were on form we would be a completely different team.

Defensvily we are fine.. except for Gomes. Rose has done very well and we still have Walker to come in. King and Woodgate need to be released but I think the rest are worth keeping. Cover at left back is the only concern when both Bale and BAE are out but Rose is a short term solution.

Midfield is doing great in my books... Hudd, Lennon, Modric and Bale all had fine seasons and Sandro has been the player of 2011 to date. We are creating plenty of chances and keep the ball well, we have a good mix of industry and skill, players like Palicios will be required in a top 4 challenge as will Niko, Jenas and Co.

Up front we have good players who are low in confidence. We'll probably shift one or two but I wouldnt be upset if we still had any 2 from Defoe, Crouch and Pav at the start of next season as long as we also bring in at least 1 top striker and maybe 1 hot prospect like wickham (or similar)

VDV is were I struggle, I think we've changed the team to much to accomadate him and he offers nothing defensively except the odd rash challenge and a booking. If we get 6M+ for him over the summer and he's not sold to one of our rivals then let him go.

Lads if we had a couple of strikers who were on form we would be a completely different team.

Defensvily we are fine.. except for Gomes. Rose has done very well and we still have Walker to come in. King and Woodgate need to be released but I think the rest are worth keeping. Cover at left back is the only concern when both Bale and BAE are out but Rose is a short term solution.

Midfield is doing great in my books... Hudd, Lennon, Modric and Bale all had fine seasons and Sandro has been the player of 2011 to date. We are creating plenty of chances and keep the ball well, we have a good mix of industry and skill, players like Palicios will be required in a top 4 challenge as will Niko, Jenas and Co.

Up front we have good players who are low in confidence. We'll probably shift one or two but I wouldnt be upset if we still had any 2 from Defoe, Crouch and Pav at the start of next season as long as we also bring in at least 1 top striker and maybe 1 hot prospect like wickham (or similar)

VDV is were I struggle, I think we've changed the team to much to accomadate him and he offers nothing defensively except the odd rash challenge and a booking. If we get 6M+ for him over the summer and he's not sold to one of our rivals then let him go.

i agree with the vdv thing , but not when you say we are creating plenty of chances. we create almost no chances recently, not any clear ones anyway. last night we had two even though we had the majority of the posession.

we played much better last night due to one player and that is lennon. he offers real wing play and width, not like vdv who pulls infield every second ,never tracks back to help corluka and is often seen taking the ball off sandro in the centre circle. if vdv wont play off the front man and stay up there then there is no place for him in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 higginsshane70

If not own goal by Crouch then i would be right and it would be draw...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

VDV has been a great signing for us , but at times i think he unbalances the team or is that just me making excuses .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Shammy wrote: »
    VDV has been a great signing for us , but at times i think he unbalances the team or is that just me making excuses .

You are right I am afraid. At the begining he played up top off crouch, but as others have pointed out on this forum he dropped deeper and deeper and pulled the team out of all shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Close to Sandro who I think is potentially the best player in our squad. Turbo engine and strong as an ox. He might be gone before we know it..?!
    Technically and workrate wise he looked very good last night. He should keep THudd on his toes next season.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    You are right I am afraid. At the begining he played up top off crouch, but as others have pointed out on this forum he dropped deeper and deeper and pulled the team out of all shape.

surely harry and the team see this ? especially joe jordan who im sure would be harping on about shape and midfield positions etc.

even my g/friend was watching the last few matches while also reading a book and she said that fella "vdv" shows up all over the pitch :-)

that says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

since we beat ac milan, we have had 6 draws, 3 defeats and 1 win in the league. Our best result of the season seems to have been a catalyst for a major slump! 6 draws, a major loss of points there, even if we had convert 3 of those to wins, thats 6 extra points. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

I can't understand why we played Palacios and Sandro in the middle and Modric on the left in this game?
    Modric cuts inside all the time.
    He should have been in the middle with one of the above and Krancjar on the left.
    Krancjar was under used this year in my opinion and could have delivered killer balls to the strikers, when Bale was injured of course!
    I also think Pienaar has been c##p for us.

Advertisement