Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT Materials for Sale

Options
  • 16-06-2011 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am selling all my GAMSAT material.

Ideally, these notes would be most beneficial to someone who has no previous chemistry or physics knowledge.

The notes and books are not for sale individually but as a pack all together. Hopefully someone else will get the value from them that I did . I got a 70 on my Section 2 and a 61 on my Section 3 in September.

People are more than welcome to view the notes before deciding if they want them- just message me.

To give you a bit of background on the notes –
    I had never done chemistry or physics so was starting from the basics. When I went to the GRADMED course, I found that they presumed that you had a level of understanding of chemistry and physics already which I didn’t. While the notes cover every topic, they do not go into great detail of explaining the concepts to you. As a result, basic concepts such as how to calculate the numbers of moles in a certain volume of liquid were not explained and basically went straight over my head. These basic concepts are critical to understanding more complex topics in my opinion. To get to grips with understanding chemistry and physics, I went to a chemistry and physics lecturer for a few months who went through the entire GAMSAT syllabus for physical chemistry, organic chemistry and physics in detail. As part of this, I have detailed notes done up for every single topic – stereochemistry, benzene rings, Thermochemistry, Medical Physics, Current, etc

To improve my technique of writing esssays and also to increase my general knowledge of possible topics, myself and 2 friends worked in a study group. We identified 30 broad topics (justice, technology, morality, etc) , identified a number of quotes for each and wrote essays on each topic . This gave me a good base knowledge of topics and ideas. While the essay style might not be valuable to people, there is a large volume of topics/quotes and ideas in the essays would be valuable.

The Pack Includes:
    • Full set of DES O’ Neill Home Study Pack : Writing Better Essays, Science Revision Course, and Practicing MCQ course.
    • Full set of Gradmed Course Material: notes booklets for Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Section 2 Essays, Section 1 MCQ’s and Practice Questions/Tests booklet
    • Full set of Chemistry ( Physical and Organic ) and Physics notes as detailed above
    • 100 + Essays on a large variety of topics.
    • Range of Supporting Books
      • Organic Chemistry for Dummies
      • Physics for Dummies
      • Real World Physics ( leaving cert book)
      • Biological Science 1 & 2
      • Understanding Chemistry (leaving Cert book)
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement