Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customers....do they make you lose faith in humanity?

• 10-05-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have worked in various aspects of retail sales for the past 13 years but I must say I have never found customers to be so difficult as they are in recent times. Is this down to the recession? I understand that money is tight for people but I have just been verbally abused by a customer over a price difference of two euro!! Surely life is too short to get in such a state over two euro??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP you should really read the "Cries of Retail " thread in the Ranting & Raving forum, it'll open your eyes big time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What i hated about working in retail was customers thinking i was personally responsible for the pricing of stuff in the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Mainly American, but relevant none the less. Stupidity knows no nationality:

http://notalwaysright.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

"You're not seriously going to charge me for a bag are you?!?"

"No, I'm not and neither is my employer. The government on the other hand is. It's been years since this levy you dumb tart, stop acting surprised, pay the 22c and fcuk off!"

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

"You're not seriously going to charge me for a bag are you?!?"

"No, I'm not and neither is my employer. The government on the other hand is. It's been years since this levy you dumb tart, stop acting surprised, pay the 22c and fcuk off!"

I know they would drive you mad....I think valium should be standard issue to retail workers.

• Advertisement

The best one was when a customer phoned running amuck saying I had sent her the wrong instruction manual for a product she had purchased she gave me the height of abuse over the phone. I check my records to see which manual I had sent her only to find that I had indeed sent the correct manual to her. When I assured her that I had sent the correct manual she informed me that she is blind.....and she was just calling because she was convinced I had sent her the wrong manual. Needless to say I got no apology from her. Unbelieveable!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Ever since I worked in the hospitality industry I've gotten very good at tipping, since I realise what shíte the staff have to put up with.

Gael wrote: »
    Ever since I worked in the hospitality industry I've gotten very good at tipping, since I realise what shíte the staff have to put up with.
    Yes I always make a point of being nice to retail staff even if I have to complain, I find that you get further if you are pleasant to the person you are dealing with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

customer is always right my hole, they're right a minority of the time, the rest they're stupid, hysterical and ignorant, not to mention downright nasty.

I hate people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

My missus had a good one yesterday.
    She's a travel agent.

Customer: I've just booked a flight to X and need a hand filling in the Visa application.
    Her: Sure. Give me your booking reference so I can seen what you need.
    Customer: I booked the flights online with someone else.
    Her: :P

She gets that kind of customer a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement