Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifying League for FIFA Season 11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Micks, why are you posting results of matches that are not associated with the league? Stueyc and Cyberwaste haven't join this league yet. Correct me if im wrong, lads?

There only friendlies as far as i'm aware so it doesn't really matter i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stueyc

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    There only friendlies as far as i'm aware so it doesn't really matter i'd say.

Are we not playing these games so to qualify for the next league no ?
    Someone explain this please

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Munster D 187

stueyc wrote: »
    Are we not playing these games so to qualify for the next league no ?
    Someone explain this please

You have to join the Boards.ie fifa qualifying league, we were given the name and password of the league to join. You should have received a private message from Axwell or Mr.Moon. Those games you've played are irrelevant.

You have to join the Boards.ie fifa qualifying league, we were given the name and password of the league to join. You should have received a private message from Axwell or Mr.Moon. Those games you've played are irrelevant.

They're only friendlies lads, just to see how good you are, and if you want to play the league, read the PM again lads :D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    They're only friendlies lads, just to see how good you are, and if you want to play the league, read the PM again lads :D

fair enough but i had posted results of games i had with Axwell and then later Axwell posted a comment saying only post results between the guys in the qualifying league.

Anyway, RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 4 - 1 Real Madrid (radio_protector)

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 3 - 0 Real Madrid (radio_protector)

• Advertisement

fair enough but i had posted results of games i had with Axwell and then later Axwell posted a comment saying only post results between the guys in the qualifying league.

I'd assume that's to give an idea of how you're doing against each other...

But that's my take on it.

Right lads i didnt see message. Ive joined the qualifying league now so anyone wanting to play me ill be on most nights after ten. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fredwardo

RESULT: Barcelonal(Stueyc)0 - 4 Madrid (Fredwardo)

Fredwardo wrote: »
    RESULT: Barcelonal(Stueyc)0 - 4 Madrid (Fredwardo)

You cheeky pup. That wasnt in this league ye chancer :)

You cheeky pup. That wasnt in this league ye chancer :)

just friendly dont worry bout it

• Advertisement

RESULT: Lyon(brianon)0 - 2 Porto (Fredwardo)

Fredwardo wrote: »
    just friendly dont worry bout it
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Oh right sorry forgot to join the league...

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 2 - 0 Chelsea (Cyberwaste)

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 2 - 0 Arsenal (con1982)

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 3 - 0 Chelsea (Cyberwaste)

Cyberwaste quit the second match, he thinks i cheated just because my goalkeeper did his job!

I never cheat or quit.

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 2 - 0 Chelsea (Cyberwaste)

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 2 - 0 Arsenal (con1982)

RESULT: Inter Milan (Munster D 187) 3 - 0 Chelsea (Cyberwaste)

Cyberwaste quit the second match, he thinks i cheated just because my goalkeeper did his job!

I never cheat or quit.
    Bit of a understatement now lad in fairness, I was completely dominating you in the first half, had about 5 or 6 one on ones, keeper stopped every single one, saves from Drogba, Torres, Lampard, plus one save from torres, keeper saves the rebound, saves the NEXT rebound from that reboud, and then torres kicks the ball right across the goal line... :rolleyes:
    Absolutely ridiculous, I was defending brilliantly, then to top it all off, in your first attack, you do a lobbed cross, and your forward does a crazy bicycle kick that is an absolute rocket that flies in...

That is why the leagues often don't use 5 star teams (usually 4 or 4 1/2) as this can happen with 5 star teams... also the lobbed through ball isn't as effective with them...

Im not saying your cheating, it can happen in favour of you, but its just unbelievably annoying when it happens against you...

I very rarely quit also, I just felt very hard done by and couldn't be arsed finishing the game as I knew I would never score and you would keep scoring as you kept doing the lobbed through ball and I had to attack.

The first game was far fairer and even, both had chances and you scored a rebound a late goal, fair enough, the second game was looking like being a win for me, then the BS started.

Cyber i dont think you should enter the league if your going to quit when your not winning.your going to come up against better players than munster ie fredwardo , who will stick 5 or 6 by you in the 1st half alone.

Cyber i dont think you should enter the league if your going to quit when your not winning.your going to come up against better players than munster ie fredwardo , who will stick 5 or 6 by you in the 1st half alone.

Stop blowin smoke up my Arse. :) You too have stuck 5 by me before. Agree though, sometimes you can dominate a game and still get a beaten. just have finish it out and hope for a better result in the next match.

Aload of online players use the lobbed through ball so expect to see it every game.

90% of opponents will use the lob throughball ;)

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Bit of a understatement now lad in fairness, I was completely dominating you in the first half, had about 5 or 6 one on ones, keeper stopped every single one, saves from Drogba, Torres, Lampard, plus one save from torres, keeper saves the rebound, saves the NEXT rebound from that reboud, and then torres kicks the ball right across the goal line... :rolleyes:
    Absolutely ridiculous, I was defending brilliantly, then to top it all off, in your first attack, you do a lobbed cross, and your forward does a crazy bicycle kick that is an absolute rocket that flies in...

That is why the leagues often don't use 5 star teams (usually 4 or 4 1/2) as this can happen with 5 star teams... also the lobbed through ball isn't as effective with them...

Im not saying your cheating, it can happen in favour of you, but its just unbelievably annoying when it happens against you...

I very rarely quit also, I just felt very hard done by and couldn't be arsed finishing the game as I knew I would never score and you would keep scoring as you kept doing the lobbed through ball and I had to attack.

The first game was far fairer and even, both had chances and you scored a rebound a late goal, fair enough, the second game was looking like being a win for me, then the BS started.

First of, i just want to say i joined this boards.ie qualifying league for a bit of fun not to be arguing. And secondly, i've lost count of how many matches i've dominated only to end up losing by a 1 - 0 score line. It happens, its frustrating but i always see it out to the end.
    Cyberwaste, i know how you feel but you should have at least finished the match. Isn't that one of the rules?!
    And about the lob ball, well i've conceded many goals because of it. Its all part of Fifa'11.
    And lastly, ''then torres kicks the ball right across the goal line... '' , remember the angle of this shot?
    Bottom line, dont quit lad :)

Your going to come up against better players than munster ie fredwardo , who will stick 5 or 6 by you in the 1st half alone.

Cheers Stuey, you haven't even played me :D

• Advertisement

Check my online record from this years fifa and years before, i never get beat by 5 or 6. In fifa 09, i went on a 27 or 28 game win streak I remember, without abusing barca or the lobbed through ball. I think im on an 11 game win streak on fifa 11 if it matters. So that would not happen...

Sure if you scored 5 goals against fredwardo, and I hammered you in a game, I dont see how that means he will score 5 or 6 against me in the first half?!

Obviously there will be better players, like any game. I didnt quit in the first game, its just I was playing brilliantly, but ive never seen a keeper save so many chances. Forgot about my perfect lob that was also cleared off the line :p:rolleyes:

Yeah fair enough, you shouldnt quit, but that is why leagues and I myself prefer playing with 4 or 4 1/2 star teams, as the games are far more even, you cant just pass and run with a forward down the wing and cut inside every time.

I had a 38 game winning streak in fifa 09 but whats that got to do with fifa 11? Bottom line mate, if your entering the league just dont quit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right lads few key points here:

- Only post results of games that you played as part of qualifying
    - Play the games and dont quit just because you are losing
    - If you cant be sporting or play fair then dont play at all

Cyberwaste what people do in other leagues is irrelevant, if you want to play in this one abide by the rules and be sporting or go play in one of the other leagues. There is no room for quitters and people who are going to moan everytime they get beat be it by a 5 star team or a 3 star team for all it matters.

I love theline, I never get beat by 5 or 6. We got one of the best god damn FIFA players right here, let's show him some respect. :)

Get over it mate, you got a beaten and you had one of those games were you couldn't finish your dinner. You lost the head and you quit. Try not taken it so serious, it's only a computer game, and with the reputation your building players will end up going out of there way to wind ya up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads the thread is for posting results, none of ye are doing yourselves any favours with this carry on. At the end of the qualifying I will be deciding who goes through or not. The results of the games arent the only thing being looked at.

Cyberwaste there is no point thanking my post then continuing on with the nonsense.

Anymore of it and people can take it for granted they wont be joining the league.

Consider that a warning applying to everyone, play the games and post the results without all this other crap.

Lads im on around ten tonight hope to play you all then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

By the way, I love you all.

Munster D, sorry just got your msg on Xbox. Reason I removed you is that I dont actually have any friends on my list that are not friends/family in real life. I just added you to play the friendly. Sorry if you misconstrued it. You're a seriously good player, and you'll do well in the league.

PS. Ax, dont even think of not letting me into this league, Im back with a bang, baby! Hoo-arrrrr...

Stueymanager 6-0 fat jesus
    Fat jesus 1-3 stueymanager

Good games pal

• Advertisement

Bulletsforwar 6-1 stueymanager
    Stueymanager 1-1 bulletsforwar

Good games

Advertisement